Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Aspens, Bugs, and "Fun Bumps"

Last weekend, Bryce and I had a fun but busy weekend. On Friday night, we met his parents for dinner at El Sol. The food was so good, but it upset my stomach. That night we stayed at the Douglas'. Saturday morning, we were able to go to the temple and do some work while Marilyn watched the boys for us. They had a great time with Grandma and she is always so good to the boys! After the temple, Bryce and I took the boys out on the four wheelers. We drove up Logan Canyon and turned off at Right Hand Fork. We parked there and then headed up the canyon. When we came to the split in the road, we went right and headed up towards Mount Logan.
This was definately one of my favorite rides. It weaved in and out of the Aspen trees and the trail was in great condition, so it was safe. This trail had many "fun bumps" as Cooper calls them. They are man made bumps but they are fun to go up and over. When we got half way up, we decided to stop in some shade and eat lunch. The boys had a great time climbing on all the fallen tree trunks and we took a few family pictures up there with Bryce's new camera. The bugs were loud and all over the place. We finally decided to take off because they were driving us crazy.
When we got up to the top of Mount Logan, we saw a huge patch of snow. We decided it would be fun to go down and play in the snow. I was carrying Clayton in my arms. I was going down a steep part of the mountain and it had lots of gravel on it. Needless to say, I slipped and my butt slammed into a rock and then we preceded to slide a little more down to the snow. I sat there for a few minutes trying to catch my breath and compose myself. I don't think I have ever fallen as an adult, but it didn't feel that great. I had a huge bruise on my cheek the next day and it is quite sore, but it will soon heal and be fine. Bryce reminded after the fall, that I am not young anymore and I need to be a little more careful!
Anyway, we all had a fun time throwing snow balls at each other. Cooper and Bryce tried to throw them out into the trees and over the cliff. I helped make snow balls for Clayton. He enjoyed throwing them at Bryce, but kept saying, "Cold, cold," while holding out his hands.
On the way up the trail and on the way down, Clayton fell asleep. He always takes naps on the four wheeler because it seems like we are always out during his nap time. Bryce found a back strap that he uses to strap Clayton to him when they ride. It's always cute, but makes Bryce's arm tired in the process.Our ride took about 3 hours total and it was a fun day. After we got back to Logan, we stopped up at the cemetary to say hi to papa and let the boys have a ride on the backhoe. Later that night, we attended an Alpine summer party at the park. We had good food and the kids had a great time playing with the water balloons.

No comments: