Friday, December 25, 2009
Clayton woke me up at 7:30 on Christmas morning. I think he was excited to see what he got for Christmas, so I went and woke up Bryce and Cooper. Cooper ran downstairs, looked around, came back up and asked me, "Did the real Santa come last night?" "Yes, Why? I asked. "Because I asked for baby puppies for Christmas and there aren't any down there." Thank goodness Santa doesn't always give us what we ask for!
Santa brought Cooper a Nintendo DS and some games to go along with it. He also got a Fur Real little puppy that barks from my friend Bekka. He named it Hot Chocolate and thought it was so cute.We went to grandma and grandpa Coopers for lunch and see everyone. It looked like everyone had a good Christmas and that Santa came to visit them all!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
On Saturday night, Bryce took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant (in Utah). (And, no, there was no cinammon in the chicken burritos Sherrie and Shayne) The food was great and some of my friends showed up which made it even greater.After dinner, we came home to a decorated house with the sign: "aging to perfection". Some more friends came over and we celebrated with cake and ice cream and presents. It was alot of fun and nice to have everyone over.
On my actual birthday, Clayton decided to wish me an early happy birthday, so he woke up at 4 to eat. He went back to sleep around 5 and decided it was time to get up at 7:45. He just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on my birthday since it is the shortest day of the year! Bryce got me a pink Ipod Nano for my birthday. Hopefully, I can learn how to use it. It looks really nice and it also takes videos so that with be useful. Thanks Bryce for making my birthday special.
Jocie, Tawni, and Steph drove down from Logan to eat lunch with me, Bekka, and Jacqui at Red Robin, my favorite Burger joint. Thanks for celebrating my birthday with me.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Thursday, December 3, 2009
1. If you ask Cooper what his favorite thing was in Texas, he would say that it was getting in the hot tub. Uncle Tyler spent alot of time playing with Cooper in the hot tub. They had so much fun together. We won't know what to do when Tyler is on his mission. I guess grandpa will have to get in with him! 2. On Friday night, we rented Twilight so mom could see it before we went to New Moon the next morning. I don't think mom knew what to think about it. Kind of weird for both of my parents since they are very practical people and we were raised not watching sci-fi stuff. At 1 pm that night, Sean, Kellye, Tyler, Chelsey, Britt, Shaylee and us went to Taco Cabana for queso, chips and homemade tortillas. Yum!
5. One the best flavors of goodness is the soft water. I love shaving my legs in Texas because they come out feeling so wonderfully soft.
6. Bryce got to spend alot of time with his boys. Bryce sat Clayton on the counter and it was so cute to watch him try to talk to Bryce. Cooper and Bryce played the Wii Sports quite a bit. Cooper asked me "why is dad better than me". It was nice to see Bryce be able to have that quality time with his boys.
10. Thanksgiving Day. The men went off to battle on the football field. They all played well and had a great time. Shayne pulled some muscles and couldn't play after that, so he sat on the sidelines and heckled Sean about being "Jacob". (Alot of people think Sean looks like Jacob on New Moon, so we teased him alot about it) Mom and Sherrie spent lots of time preparing the meal and we helped Sherrie make Apple Cranberry Pie. The food was great and everyone pitched in to make a wonderful meal. It was nice to have my cousin, Jamie, and her husband, Konrad come for the day. 11. Bucket and Buckets of Bluebell Ice Cream. I think we went through 8 buckets of just Cookies N Cream. I bet Brittney spend half of her money on the stuff and she ate it for all 3 meals.
12. Wellington....Sean and Kellye's dog....he loved Clayton and wanted to follow Clayton everywhere. He would run to the door when Clayton would cry.....he would try to jump up to be next to Clayton....it was crazy...he was kind of protective of Clayton!13. Dad, Bryce and Brian went to Cabelas one night to spend some "manly" time with each other. Dad asked Bryce all about his new gun.
14. On Thanksgiving night, we all watched the big game. Texas A&M vs Texas. Alot of us wore our maroon and the aggies did a great job. They ended up losing but gave Texas a good game. It was fun to watch as a family. Lots of cheering and clapping and running around giving high fives.15. The weather. It could not have been any nicer while we were down in Texas. It was in the 60's everyday with sunshine. ...no humidity! It was beautiful.
16. Shopping. We went shopping the day after Christmas. We did not get up early, which was nice. I went with Sherrie, Mom, and Jen. It was nice to be able to spend some time with just the women. Jen helped me pick out some cute jewelry from Sam Moon.
17. We played basketball while I was there. I am so out of shape since Clayton came and I haven't played basketball in 2 years, so it was fun to be able to shoot and run and still win! Me and Bryce's lungs were burning but it was worth it.18. We went to Grapevine Texas for some fun Christmas activities. Grapevine has a old town feeling with the little shops. The kids got to play with Santa and Rudolph. We spent 2 hours sitting in a Mexican restaurant waiting for lunch. We went on a buggy ride and ate kettle popcorn.
19. Spending time with Shayne. I didn't get to see Shayne as much as I would have liked, but it was still good to see him. Shayne watched Cooper one day so he could play with Ava and Nolan. Shayne, I love you and your family. Your kids are cute and it was nice to get to know them a little better. I had a great time shopping with Jen and I am thankful that I got to see ya'll.
22. Spending time with Sherrie. It was nice to be able to stay at Sherries house and spend time with the kids and her and Brian. I enjoyed waking Sherrie up every morning at 10 am....just kidding! But, we had a good time singing "Wake Up" to everyone and running errands together. Sherrie, thank you for letting us stay in your beautiful home. We had a great time. Love you!