Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Season

This year, I thought it would be fun to put a heart on the boys' room each night after they went to bed.  On the hearts, I would write down some of the reasons we loved the boys.  I put a sign on their door that read, "We Love You Because....". We did this starting on the first and ending on the 14th.  Clayton thought this was the coolest thing ever.  Each morning he would wake up and look for the new heart.  "Mom, what does this one say?"
For Valentines, Grandma and Grandpa Hatch sent them a heart wreath with a little bit of candy for each of them.  They enjoyed this and loved the candy.  What a cute idea! We decided that instead of giving the boys candy and junk for V-Day, we would take them to a movie! We took them to "Wreck It Ralph".  We got popcorn, candy, and some drinks and headed to the movie.  This is one of our favorite things to do as a family. We enjoy watching the boys laugh and have a good time at the movies!
We traded off kids with Jacqui and Jared, so we could we could each go out for V-Day without spending so much money on a sitter.  Bryce and I went to dinner at Dickeys BBQ (Yum) and then we went to Jack Reacher.  It was a pretty intense show.  It's always nice to get away and have a date with my husband every now and then! Love my family....I am blessed!

No comments: