Saturday, May 4, 2013

Moab Day #4

Our final morning was spent eating another great breakfast and packing up our condo.  I have to admit that we travel with a group that doesn't really worry about time. I, on the other hand, am on the complete opposite side of the spectrum.  I think there is a happy medium between using the most of your time and being able to relax and enjoy your vacation.  I am on one spectrum and some of the group is on the other spectrum.
Anyway, enough of my rantings.  Needless to say, it took us a while to get out of the condo and then it seemed like we drove forever to get to the sand dunes.  I was getting a little stressed out because I knew we needed to leave at a certain time to get back to our kiddos.  Regardless of all the stressing, we had a nice ride through the sand dunes. 
I don't really know that I love the sand dunes.  They are kind of dangerous because you can't see who is coming up the hill and you don't know what's on the other side of the hill.  Plus, perception is messed up in the sand.  We ended up riding along the red rocks till we couldn't ride anymore. 

We found a little bit of shade and ate lunch there.  We played in the sand for a few minutes on the way back and then called it a day.  It ended up being great and we were able to leave on time. 

No comments: