Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Activities

We had a really fun 4th of July weekend.  Mom and Dad were in town so we all stayed at Steph's house on the 3rd of July.  Logan has their fireworks that night.  Everyone came up for dinner that night.  The kids enjoyed making a fruit pizza that looked like the American Flag.  It tasted so yummy. 
 After dinner, we went out and played volley ball for a few minutes before the fireworks started.  I like the fact that our family enjoys playing sports together and we can all have a good time.  Cooper even played with us for a little while and he did a good job. 
After volleyball, we headed into Lundstrom Park to watch the fireworks.  I enjoy the fireworks but I don't enjoy the long line of cars afterwards, so we left them early so we could beat the rush.  We ended up parking on the road in Hyde Park and watching the rest of the fireworks. 
 We layed out a blanket and Clayton wrestled Cooper and all of his cousins.  They had a great time running around in the dark and playing with each other.  This was the day that Johnny left for his mission, so it was a hard day on Tawni. We all tried to cheer her up, but it was very emotional for her.
 I just love all my nieces and nephews.  I have such a great relationship with them.  It has been fun to watch the girls grow up to be wonderful young women.  They are alot of fun to spend time with.  I am so blessed to live in such a great country and I am thankful for the freedoms that I enjoy each day.  I am thankful for my family wherever they might be!



No comments: