Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Boating on the 4th of July

On the fourth of July, we went out to Pineview to spend the day at the lake.  We took a shade canopy out and set it up for those who were on the shore. Cooper and Addey enjoyed their swim break!
I was able to ride on the boat, but not do any of the activities.  I enjoy the boat, but despise the loud music that they play.  When I get on the boat, I would rather talk to my family, then listen to loud, annoying music.  He made me not want to stay on the boat for very long.
Clayton loved spending time with his cousins.  Ty made sure he stayed on his bum most of the time.  They all watched out for him. He only tubed for a few minutes, but he liked riding on the boat and having swim breaks with Bryce.
He also had a fun time on the kayak with mom.  We didn't go very far, but he took me over to show me where some water runs into the lake.  He even paddled a little bit. He had a good time playing on the rocky beach and filling his shoes up with rocks. 
Cooper and Addey knee boarded together.  At one point, Cooper fell off  the front of his board and it took him a few seconds to come up.  This kind of scared him to the point of tears, but as he was crying, he said, 
"I want to try it again." He loved it and he did a great job.  I was really proud of him. 
Here comes the boat, loaded down with family! It ended up being a fun activity.  The lake started feeling up with boats and it started to get wavy and windy.  We headed back to Big J's around 5 to eat dinner.  We ended our day by watching the new Jackie Robinson movie. It was a great movie!

No comments: