Sunday, September 1, 2013

Hanging Out at Oneida

This was by far the most favorite spot for the kids to "hang" out. They loved playing in this hammock.  They spent most of their time in here laughing and swinging and having a great time with each other. 
This is where I enjoyed hanging out...in my camping chair with my family.  We would do a fire in the evenings, but the kids didn't really stick around to enjoy it.  Instead, they were in Steph's trailer watching movies.  I love to just kick back and relax in my chair. 
I had to capture the beauty of Jaden and Stephanie in the morning.  Don't they look like mother and son?!  On Sunday morning, it was chilly in the morning, so we had to get a fire started first thing in the morning.  As soon as Bryce woke up, he started on Sunday breakfast- bacon, eggs and pancakes! It was great except for the darn bees.  I got stung on my leg this day and it made my whole calf sore for the next two days.  I don't know what got me, but it wasn't your average sting.
I wanted to make sure I got a picture of Paul and his pink BB Gun.  He took Jaden and Jaxson up the hill to shoot the guns.  After Bryce made breakfast, we took a moment to sit on the bench and watch the kids play down by the water.  It was a beautiful camping spot nestled in the trees along the lake shore.
Cooper is really enjoying this cowboy stage right now.  He has been playing with Jordynn, across the street almost everyday and he always wears the hat and carries his toy gun. He decided to bring it camping.
Paul went into Preston to buy a two day fishing license and two new poles.  Clayton enjoyed sitting by him and holding the spool of fishing string.  He is such a big helper.  He tried to fish, but never got any bites.  The fish were jumping like crazy, especially in the evening and they were huge.  We must have had the wrong bait, cause we didn't get any nibbles. 
Clayton and Addey standing by the fire on Sunday morning.  Love the hands in the pocket look!

No comments: