Friday, May 29, 2015

Texas

It's always a great time when we can go to Texas to hang out and reconnect with our family down there.  I love to see my kids play with their cousins and to build those friendships.  Clayton and Nolan have enjoyed playing sports with each other.  They are both shy, but competitive kids and they have a great time when they are together.

When we are in Texas, we alway have to stock up on the Shipley's donuts.  We pick them up for breakfast about every other day.  Cooper loves donuts, so he is alway in heaven when he gets to eat Shipley's!

This was the last time Grandma Cooper would venture down to Texas.  She came for the wedding and actually stayed for a week afterwards.  It was fun to have her home with Mom and to be able to spend some time with her.

Shayne and Tyler always rope me into exercising with them while I'm in town.  I actually love it because I get exercise after I over indulge myself with all the wonderful food, but I love getting that individual time with them.  We all grew up being very active and competing in sports, so its always a good time to run or play basketball together.



Sherrie's neighborhood is full of the neatest activities for the kids.  They have splash pads, and playgrounds and basketball courts.  They have canoes and paddle boats available to reserve and use on all their lakes and ponds.

Sean and Kellye have a lemon tree in their backyard.  I thought this was so cool, because I had grown up listening to the song, Lemon Tree, but I had never seen a lemon tree.  I had to go outside a get a picture in front of the lemon tree.
Gotta love the warm Texas rains!  We had a great time playing in the rain.  I showed the boys the fun adventures of running up and down in the gutters and sitting in the warm rain.  We had leaf and twig races down the streams.   We had a blast and it totally brought back memories of me playing in the rain all the time as a child.


No comments: