Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

I have realized this year, that Valentines Day is a holiday that creates different opinions and feelings. Some men feel that this is a dumb holiday, because it is just an excuse to get each other more presents. A question was posed to me by my brother-in-law, Paul : "Wouldn't you rather have your husband do small little things for you all year round instead of one big present on Valentines's Day?" The problem is, not very many men do little things for their wives throughout the year. I do know a few, maybe 1% of the population... so I say to them, good job, keep up the good work, and would you offer a class to the other 99% of men. So, personally I think they need this day to remind themselves that #1 they do in fact love their wives, #2 it reminds them that maybe they should ask their wives on a date, #3 gives them the opportunity to put a little extra thought into a gift that their wives would enjoy. And lucky for me, my husband did all three things and I am proud of him. Anyways, hope everyone had a good Valentines Day!

We had a great Valentines Day! I gave Cooper a heart attack in his room when he woke up. He was so excited. He ran into my room and told me that there were balloons and hearts all over his room. I cut out these hearts and plastered them all over his walls. Grandma and Grandpa Hatch also sent him a nice helium balloon with candy tied to the bottom. Thanks Grandma for always being so thoughtful!! You are the best.

My awesome husband really surprised me for Valentines Day and I am very thankful that he put thought into my gift. It really meant alot to me. He got me a rose, a Elliot Yami
n CD and a card. Included in the card, was an hour massage. Thanks, Bryce for giving me a fun Valentines's Day. I love you. You are great. I love massages so much. I think everyone needs to experience a good massage. It's one of the most beautiful things in the world. If I had the money, I would definately get one every month. Anyway, my gift to him was boring but needful. I got him a blue tooth, since he is always on the phone and always driving for work.

Cooper went to Joy School and they had a Valentines Party. He got to decorate some sugar cookies and he received valentines day cards from all of his freinds. When I was shopping for the cards that he was going to give his classmates, it brought back lots of fun memories about grade school. I remember getting a shoe box and cutting a slat in it and then having my classmates put my Valentines cards inside. I would be so excited when I got home to count all my cards and see how much candy I received. Anyway, it was alot of fun and I hope that I can help Cooper so that he will also have those good memories.

I cooked dinner and then we went to the movies. We watched "Jumper", which wasn't that great. In fact, wait to rent it from red box...not worth the money. But, it was fun to spend the evening with Bryce. Thank you Jacqui for watching Cooper for us, but most importantly, thank you for making us the 'Olive Gardens' Black Tie Mousse Pie. It was awesome and I really appreciate you doing that for us.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh sure Bryce! Make the rest of us look bad. A little warning next time would be nice, so we can step up just a little. Punk.