Thursday, February 28, 2008

Quotes from Coop


It is just crazy how quickly children grow up and are constantly learning new things. We sing a song in church called "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam". Anyway, Bryce and I sing it with Cooper at home and he always yells "Sunbeep" instead of sunbeam. And while yelling this, he jumps up in the air and raises his hands in the air. It is so cute and makes us laugh every time. We are also trying to work with him on his "C"'s. He always says, "I want to hee(see) that" or "I want hum(some). He calls Shayne, hayne, and Sean, haun, and Sherrie, harry. So, it has been neat to watch him concentrate to make sure he is pronouncing that C or S sound and it is cute the way his tongue rolls off his teeth. Another thing that he is saying alot, is "I would love to." I asked him the other day, if he wanted to see daddy. "I would love to see daddy." He also like to say, "I love me some chocolate milk."

I have been very impressed with Cooper's manners. He always remembers to say "thank you" and "please" and this makes me happy. It makes me proud to have a polite little boy.

During the long winters up here, we have been trying to keep busy with some indoor activities. Cooper has enjoyed playing with his Lincoln Logs or Legos. He also loves it when mom lets him use glue to do crafts. Cooper also loves to draw and color with markers and it is fun to watch him hold the markets correctly and try to stay in the lines when he is coloring. Another one of Cooper's skills, is that he is really good at the "I Spy" books. He can spy out the objects quickly.

A couple of nights ago, I was showing Cooper a picture of a little girl who was looking up at Jesus. Cooper said, "I love Jesus." Then he preceded to say, "I love my mama, I love Jesus, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" Momma, I took off my hat!" We have been teaching him that we don't pray with our hats on and so he must have remembered this.

Cooper is really in to Spiderman and Lightning McQueen. He has spiderman pajamas and a little spiderman action figure that he sleeps with every night. Many nights, he will come into our room in the middle of the night and tell us he has lost his spiderman. He is growing up tooo fast!

Here are some of Coopers most favorite toys right now. He carries this knife around with him all day and the little dog he got when he was a brand new baby from his cousin, Hunter.
I cannot get Cooper to eat anything for breakfast. Ever since he stopped drinking a bottle at 11 months, he has never liked milk. It has been just recently that he will even have a bowl of cereal with milk. And he won't even do that in the morning. So, I offer him 10 different kinds of cereal, eggs, pancakes, granola bars, pop tarts, etc. The only thing I can get him to have is a Slimfast Chocolate Drink. They are packed with lots of vitamins so I guess it's Ok for now.

No comments: