Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's a Boy!

Last week, Bryce, Cooper and I went to see my doctor. We were so excited to find out what we were having. I kept thinking that we were going to get there and the baby was going to be in a wrong position, but I was wrong. The baby was face down, so we could see his back bone very clearly. We were able to listen to the heart beat and finally the doctor said, "There is your answer!" I said, "We are having a boy, Cooper." He was very excited. The doctor also measured his thigh bone and he is measuring tall (he obviously has Bryce's genes). I have not put any of our ultrasound pictures up because they are not very good. But I did go buy some bedding and I helped Jacqui paint the baby's room. Thank you jacqui for all of your help. Bryce also put up the chair rails for me. The room looks great and I am very excited.

I am so thankful that we have been blessed with this little boy. Again, I was reminded of the miracle it is when I watched the ultrasound and saw this little guy moving around and growing! The whole process of actually conceiving a baby is such a miracle!

8 comments:

Kam said...

Congratulations!! You and Bryce are great parents; Cooper and this new little baby boy are very very lucky to have you!!!!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ahhh jen..what wonderful news!!! we like boys too!!! i am so happy for your family...and I LOVE THE ROOM!! great job with it...i still would love to come and see your whole house..one of these days!! love ya girl.

Julee said...

We are sooo happy for you guys~ it's wonderful that Cooper will have a brother!!!

I Love Good Grub said...

Hooray for another boy! So happy for you guys! I love your story about Cooper and the true meaning of Easter. Good job on raising such a sweet boy!

Carrie said...

I LOVVVVVEE that room! The paint and the bedding is fantastic. We're so stinking excited for you guys! (You know, Carrie can be a boy's name too... just spell it Kerry. Ha ha!)

jenhatch said...

the room looks awesome!! I'm SO excited for ya'll... what an amazing blessing.

Shane and Becky said...

Jen,
Wow! I check in on your blog every once in a while but it has been a while. I am soooooo excited for you and your new addition on his way. What a joy! Cooper is getting so big... such a cute boy. He will be a perfect big brother. We are so happy for you and Bryce. You deserve this little miracle. Hope Bryce is feeling better since surgery- that is so crazy. Glad to see you doing well. Your old neighor, Becky Leavitt

Anonymous said...

SOOOO EXCITED for you!! I hope that your pregnancy is good and that you continue to remember the miracles of God in our lives. I know that he hears and answers our prayers.

Big hugs to you and your family,
Nat