Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PuMpKiN WaLk

Every year, North Logan has a pumpkin walk for the community. It is free and such a fun family activity for all different ages. They have different companies or individuals who sponsor each section of the "walk". So, each section has a theme, usually based off a movie and they will decorate it using mostly pumpkins.
Cooper's favorite movie right now is "How to Drain Your Dragon", so when he saw "Night Fury", he had to get a picture with him. He talks about night fury all the time and wants me to show him this picture over and over again.
It is exciting to see how creative the different sponsors are each year and to see what can be made out of pumpkins and squash. Cooper ran from theme to theme yelling out what movie it was. Clayton just sat in his stroller pointing to the different characters.
Each year, there seems to be more and more sponsors that join the "pumpkin walk", so it gets longer and longer. At the end of the walk, there is a witch sitting in a little building to greet you and you are given a cookie.
They also have these character "cut-outs" that kids of all ages, even myself, love to put their faces in. Its kind of funny to see how they turn out. Here are some of my favorites:

3 comments:

Sara said...

I wish that we could have gone to the pumpkin walk this year but we just never made it up. There is always next year! The girls are obsessed with How to Train your Dragon too!

Jimmy and Rachel said...

What the heck! You were like less than a 1/2 block from my house and I didn't even get to see you! Bummer. I miss you Jen! :)

jenhatch said...

How fun! How come I didn't know about this while I was there!? I guess life's a little different when your childless and a college-coed.

That's one CUTE Yoda and one HOT Ariel!