Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Preparations

In late August, I decided that I better start "preparing" to get pregnant. I wanted to get my body back in shape and lose some weight before I hopefully got pregnant. I talked to my friend, Mandy, and she helped me lose 15 pounds. I am now working out 3-5 times a week and trying to eat a little better. I feel healthier and stronger.

I also went to my cranio sacral therapist two days ago to get my energy flowing correctly again and to make sure every thing is aligned. I love cranio therapy. I only need it about every four months but it really helps with my headaches. I also know that cranio therapy is helpful when trying to get pregnant. It was a really good session and there were many "future emotions" that were tangled up in my body tissues. We worked those out,but there was one emotion that she said was stuck. She felt like the emotion that I was having a hard time letting go of, was a feeling of helplessness. I talked to her for a second about my thoughts. Right now, I feel helpless. In the end, I can only prepare and do so much, and then it is up to the will of the Lord. So, in a way, I feel helpless. Anyway, this all might sound weird to someone who has never had cranio sacral therapy, but it is actually really neat work.

Last night, Bryce and I were able to attend the temple in Bountiful. It's always nice to go into the temple and feel the peace that resides there. I was able to put some names, along with ours on the prayer roll. I hope that through the faith of others, along with ours, our family, and our friends, we will receive help in this process.

I have also been trying to stay away from caffeine. I really love Dr. Pepper, and it is definately a weakness of mine. I will have a small glass or a sip now and then, but I have decided that the week before the transfer, I want to stay away from caffeine.

As far as the invetro goes, I have been on Lupron shots for 2 1/2 weeks now. Today I start taking 3 estrogen pills a day. I will continue this until next Wednesday. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday to make sure there are no cysts and also to make sure the lining of my uterus is thick and ready to receive the embryos.

There are so many things to think about when trying to prepare one's body to get pregnant, especially with the invetro process. I am two weeks away from transfer and I hope that I am ready, both phyisically and emotionally. This is something that never leaves my mind. Thanksgiving is tomorrow and Christmas is right around the corner. Its such a fun and busy time of year, but I am having a hard time focusing on other things right now. So, part of me wishes the invetro process would be here and gone, but then I don't want to wish my most favorite time of year away either. It just seems like the anxiety, worry, hoping, and wishing just builds up as it gets closer.

I just went upstairs to take my morning meds which consists of an estrogen pill and a Lupron shot. Cooper's friend is here and he saw me with the shot. He said, "You have to give yourself a shot? Doesn't it hurt?" Cooper says, "Yes it does hurt." Jaxson says, "Then, why would do it?" Cooper says, "Because my mom really wants to have a baby." I guess that says it all!

4 comments:

Mark, Natalie, Rieker and Raegan said...

Love you Jen, sending prayers and good vibes your way! You are an amazing person and mom. I know that Heavenly Father feels the desires of your heart and will bless you with what you need!
I would love for you to give me some info on cranio sacral therapy. It sounds like something I could use. Also, that is so awesome that you have lost so much weight, I wish I lived closer to you so that you could help me get rid of some extra weight and get healthier. You are amazing!

Shannon said...

The cranial sacral therapy sounds really interesting and successful; I'm so glad that you were able to do that for yourself, especially during such an emotionally filled time. Jenn, you are in my prayers. Also, I think it is so perceptive of Cooper to know exactly why you are doing what you do. I think it's interesting that he knows it causes pain, but that pain and sacrifice are sometimes necessary for things that we really, truly desire. You are teaching him invaluable life lessons through these things. You guys are great, and we love you!

Carrie said...

You continue to amaze me. Seriously. Your faith and strength are a great example to me. You're all in our prayers and we love you immensely! You're wonderful!!

Joel's Family said...

Jen,
this brought back so many memories for me. I dont know why I teared up and shed a few tears but it touched me deep. I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming weeks. Your family will be in my prayers. You are such a wonderful friend, person that is such a shining example to everyone you surround. I hope you can continue to enjoy those beautiful boys that surround you and have a wonderful holiday season.... We sure love and miss you guys.