Sunday, December 25, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....

I really was wishing we had snow for Christmas, but there wasn't one flake this year. In fact, its been one of the driest Decembers' Utah has ever seen. This year, Christmas was on Sunday and we had church at 9 am. I got up a little early so that I could get showered and ready before the boys woke up. I noticed that Cooper was awake in his bed. I asked him if he could wait till I got out of the shower. He said, "Of course, I will just lay here and play my DS." What a good boy!!!
At about 8:15 we woke Clayton up and told him that Santa had come to visit our house. After a family prayer (new Christmas morning tradition), we headed downstairs to see what Santa had left for us. The boys were so excited!
Clayton really loves trains right now, so Santa brought him a "Thomas the Train" train and tracks. He can control the train with a little joy stick. He also received a train movie in his stocking, which he has watched almost every day. He had a great time going through his stocking and "unwrapping" presents. He kept saying "more presents?" He mostly just wanted to unwrap so he ended up unwrapping for Bryce and myself.Cooper came downstairs to find 2 baby frogs in a small ecosystem. He also got a transformer and some video games. We got him a bean bag to sit in while he plays his games. We also got him a rock and gem kit. He loved using his tools to chip away at the block of plaster to find 12 gems. Cooper received a journal in his stocking. Its a nature journal and he likes to write about things he learns about animals. After the boys opened their stockings and one gift, we had to hurry to get ready for church. We had a great program at church. The choir sang and the bishopric talked about the birth of Jesus. I was worried about going to church because many people knew about our failed pregnancy....and my emotions were still sitting on my sleeve. I tried to get out of their ASAP, but my neighbor caught up with me and I lost it. I cried so hard and it was great...Back home, we changed our clothes and continued to unwrap the rest of the gifts. Bryce got me a Home Base for my Ipod and some wind protectors for my four wheeler. He also got me some clothes and a running sleeve for my Ipod. Bryce received some clothes, a jacket, and some new basketball shoes. We had a good Christmas morning. It was fun to watch the boys and the excitement in their eyes.
At noon, we headed up to grandma and grandpa Coopers. We were able to visit with them before everyone else got there. We ate a light lunch with them, and then went to the Douglas' for the rest of the day. Its the first time we have all been to the Douglas' in a long time. It was nice to have almost everyone there and to be able to spend time with each other. We ate lots of yummy food and played games. Afterwards, we stayed at steph and pauls that night. Merry Christmas!

No comments: