Monday, March 19, 2012

Families

A few weeks ago, Bryce and I went to the Salt Lake Temple to see Brandon and Jill get sealed. It was such a neat opportunity to go into the Salt Lake Temple. This was my first time in that temple and it was beautiful.That night for Family Home Evening, we decided to talk to Clayton and Cooper about our experience and about temples. We talked to Cooper about being sealed together for eternity. We discussed civil marriages vs. temple marriages and we talked about the day he was sealed to us in the Logan Temple. It was a really neat discussion to have with our little boys. Cooper really understands a lot and he has such a special Spirit about him.
For the closing song, he chose, "Families Can Be Together Forever", one of his most favorite songs. As we sang, I had to fight back the tears as I felt an overwhelming feeling of love for my family. This was one of my childhood favorites as well. When we finished the song, Cooper said, "When I hear that song, it makes me feel like I want to cry because I am so happy." I tried to explain to Cooper that he is feeling the Spirit or the Holy Ghost. This has happened to him multiple times and he always explains it the same way. After our family prayer, we had a group hug (Cooper and Clayton love group hugs) and then Clayton kept cuddling up to Cooper on the couch.

I am so blessed to have such wonderful boys in my home and family. Cooper is so receptive and so sweet. He is such a good example to all of us and especially his little brother. I am thankful for families and for the temple.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

this was such a sweet post, Jenn. I'm glad that our family has been blessed to know your family :)

Jordan said...

Please come teach me how to parent. You make my FHE "attempts" look embarrassing.