Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Cooper

I woke Cooper up on his birthday by singing to him. He smiled and said, "I love it when people sing me "Happy Birthday". It's one of my most favorite things about my birthday." So, for the rest of the day, if anyone called him, I would hurry and say, "make sure you sing to him." He had many phone calls, texts and comments on facebook made on his behalf.

At school that day, Coopers class won a pajama and popcorn party because they collected the most box tops. I also dropped off 2 dozen glazed donuts for his classmates to enjoy! When Cooper got home, we had some precious conversations about his adoption. He is such a special boy with such a mature spirit. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. He amazes me all the time!Later that evening, we made Coopers favorite food, TACOS! Cooper recieved a really cool treasure chest with real gold dollars in it and a pocket knife. His birth dad and family got this for him. He has been so excited about the pocket knife. He always tells his friends, "I have my very own pocket knife." I taught him how to whittle a stick and then we talked about the safety rules when handling a knife.


Bryce really wanted to give Cooper a BB gun for his birthday. When Bryce was 7, his dad gave him his first BB gun. Anyway, after Cooper opened it up, we let him hold it, told him the rules about the gun, and then Bryce put it away in a high "unreachable" spot.

You might wonder why we let him have a pocket knife and a gun, but I think Cooper will follow our rules about both. He can't use either one unless we are with him. Plus, Cooper is really responsible and careful with his things. Hopefully, these are items that he can safely enjoy while we are camping this summer!


Nancy Mitchell -Happy Birthday to our first miracle boy;-) love him and you guys!!!

Rachel Ellsworth Moyes- Happy Birthday to a sweet and awesome boy Cooper!!!!!

Sean Hatch -Tell little Coop Dawg happy birthday from all of us! We sure love him!

Keva Call Walker- How blessed for you and for him! You are such a wonderful family ♥

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Oh my goodness, he looks so TALL! Happy birthday to Cooper! (And I didn't think twice about either the BB gun or the knife. He's a year away from cub scouts, and he'll be very much engrossed in both then. Now he'll just be extra prepared!)