Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kind Hearted Cooper

Cooper is one week away from finishing first grade.  He did a really good job in school this year.  He excelled mostly in reading and math.  He had a hard time the second semester staying focused and on task.  He would come home and say, "Still on green", which means he was good that day.  There was a week there where we had to do timeout in his room one day, on the couch one day and in the corner another day.  We even had to take his Happy Napper away for a whole week, but that seemed to work!

I love having conversations with Cooper because I never know what he is going come up with.  He is a deep thinker and we always have the greatest talks.  One day he asked me why he was such a good boy.  We preceded to talk about coming down to Earth with "special" spirits and also about parenting.  We talked about how its always best to make the right decisions because making the wrong decisions can make our lives hard.

A few days ago, we were outside playing in the front yard.  I was across the street talking to the neighbors when all of a sudden, I see Cooper walking home.  He was crying and our neighbor girl was right behind him.  I heard him kept saying to her, "its ok, its ok".  Next thing I know, this little girls mom is letting her have it.  After everything settled down, I found out that she kicked Cooper in the leg pretty hard and it gave him a deadleg.  The little girl came over in tears and apologized.  She was grounded for two days.  During dinner that night, Cooper said, "I don't think Zoe was trying to hurt me. We were playing a game and she kicked me a little too hard, but she didn't mean to." Anyway, Cooper decided to go up to her house and tell her mom the story so that she wouldn't be in trouble.  I was so proud of him and Lori thought he was quite the man for coming to tell her.

Best Friends: Jordi, Tayson, Braden, Jaxson, and Reese

Favorite Toys: Happy Napper, Nerf Ax



Current Book He is Reading:  Judie B. Jones Series

Favorite TV Shows:  Wild Kratts, Wild About Animals, DragonFly TV

Food:  Corndogs, Drumsticks, Any kind of meat, Tacos
Cooper also talks about his adoption quite often.  He is always making comments about being adopted.  He also talks about his birth mom, Jenn, every now and then.  He loves her and thinks she's great! Above is a picture of Teresa (birth grandma), Jenn, Cooper, Bryce and Brent (Jenn's husband).  We went to Boondocks with them before Christmas and for Coopers birthday!
 I am so proud of the little man that Cooper is becoming.  He is so polite and courteous and people love him. I am thankful for his big, tender heart.  He is about as good as they come!


No comments: