Friday, July 13, 2012

Hatch Reunion

On Thursday, some of us went back to the boat for a couple of hours.  I was able to help Annika get up on the knee board for the first time.  I doubled knee boarded with her. I told her to let go when she started getting tired.  We kept going and going and my back was getting tired.  I yelled over to Annika, "Are you tired?" She said yes, but she was too scared to let go of the rope. I signaled the "cut" sign and we were done.  I knee boarded a little with Tyler after that.
Kellye wake boarded for a while and Sean tried the surfing.  Landry was very disturbed when they were out on the water, but he was completely distraught when they would fall in the water.  He would scream and be so upset.  It was so cute....he didn't care if anyone else fell, he just didn't want him Mom and Dad to fall!
When we got back to the townhomes, we took the kids down to the pool for a little while.  They had a fun time playing with the big beach ball.  After that, we all grilled chicken, hamburgers, and hotdogs for dinner.  Following dinner, we all dressed in our "Hatch" t-shirts and took some family pictutres.  We also discussed the next family reunion, which will be in December of 2014 in Colorado.
That night, we stayed up visiting and having a "highest kick" contest. Shaylee and Tawni tied for the highest kick, but Bryce was a close third place.  Tyler kept slipping in his socks and Sean won the "best approach" award!  It was nice to just sit and visit.  We were all so tired the next day when we had to get up and get everything cleaned up and packed in our cars.
We went down to IHOP for breakfast on Friday morning after we left the town homes.  Sherrie and Brian left at 6 am, and Shayne and Jen took off after breakfast.  Sean and Kellye were supposed to leave on Saturday, but because of problems with their plane, they left on Sunday.  Dad and Tyler took off on Sunday morning...Of course, I cried as I said good bye to them.
I just really enjoy my time spent with my family and it makes me sad that we live so far away. I really cherish these moments and I am looking forward to our next reunion in 2014!!

No comments: