Wednesday, January 8, 2014

5 weeks from Due Date



I am now 5 weeks from my original due date.  We have decided to name our little one, Parker.  She is already so full of energy.  If I stop moving, she starts moving.  She has always been very active.  This pregnancy has definitely been tougher than the last one, but I am still grateful to be carrying this little angel. 
For the last month, I have been experiencing pain in my right sciatic nerve.  I usually have a hard time walking when I get out of bed in the morning. It only lasts for about 5 minutes, but I have to hold on to things to help steady myself.  

I also have a hard time if I sit for an extended period of time.  My tailbone hurts and my butt starts to go numb.  My belly has also gotten so big.  It sits on my thighs when I sit down.  I went to the doctor yesterday and I am dilated to a one and 50% effaced.  Parker is measuring 6 lbs right now so she is really starting to grow.  

I will start going to the doctor every week until she is born.  The doctor is going to induce me on Wednesday, February 5.  Kylee and Matt are getting married on the 7th, so I am hoping that Parker will come a little earlier, so I can attend Kylee’s wedding.  Mom and Dad will also be up for the wedding and to help me with Parker for a few days.  

This last week, Parker seems to have the hiccups quite regularly.  I didn’t notice it very much with Clayton but Parker has them at least once or twice a day.  I love to watch and feel her move.  I also enjoy talking to her to see if she will respond to my voice.  

I am starting to get a little anxious about her arrival.  It will definitely change the dynamics of our family, but it will be a good change. The boys are older and I know that will be helpful.  WE are looking forward to having her sweet spirit in our home and family.

No comments: