Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall Family Fun

I am assistant den leader for the Bears.  I enjoy doing this because I get to spend time with Cooper and Clayton and they get to have fun experiences and opportunities.  A couple of weeks before Halloween, we took the kids out to Hooper to let them pick their own pumpkin from a pumpkin patch.  All the scouts had a great time picking unique pumpkins. 
In October, we met Mandy and Weston up at the campgrounds in Mantua.  We brought one of the four wheelers and took the kids for small rides around the campsite.  We also started a fire and sat around visiting and eating roasted hot links and smores and drinking Dr. Pepper.  It was so pretty up there and the temperatures were somewhat warm for that time of year.
Later that night, as I was putting Parker in bed, I somehow threw up the hot link back into my throat and it took my breath away. I literally could not breathe and was heaving to get any sort of air into my lungs. It scared me really bad.  Bryce ran into the room and talked me through it.  After I finally caught some air and started into a bit of shock, Bryce gave me a priesthood blessing.  I almost lost my voice, but rested well that night and was fine the next day. 
Also in October, Clayton and his Best Friends Preschool class went to Black Island Farms.  I took Parker and they had a fun time riding on the hay wagon. The driver showed the kids some carrots and a fresh head of cabbage.  He then let them each go out and pick a small pumpkin.  The wagon was packed with people and it stressed Parker out, which stressed me out, but it ended up being ok. 
After the wagon ride, we went out to the field to play.  Clayton loved the big white slides.  He spent a lot of time climbing up the net ladders and going down the slides.  He also went on the little cart ride that was pulled by a small tractor.  We ate some nachos, had a drink, and then went out to the slides again!  He didn't want to go home. The weather was beautiful and perfect!

No comments: