Thursday, August 30, 2007

Garden Time!


This is our second year to do a garden and it has been alot of fun, besides the fact that the soaker hoses keep breaking. I love working out in the garden and it is so neat to see the actual fruit and vegetables. Cooper loves to help me pick the tomatoes and zucchini. I just bought him a shovel, rake, and hoe set, so he enjoys playing in the dirt. In fact, I was bending down trying to pick some tomatoes and all of a sudden I got a huge shower of dirt all over me. Cooper shoveled a scoop of dirt and tossed it over his shoulder! It was fun. But I am hoping that I can teach him the importance of work and that is why I like him to come out and water the garden with me.

We have been eating alot of zucchini: 1. zucchini bread with chocolate chips 2. grilled zucchini
3. steamed zucchini :I tried a new recipe last week called zucchini casserole.....very good!! 2 cups diced onions, 2 cups diced celery, 1 cup grated zucchini, 1 lb. pork sausage, 3 cans chicken and rice soup, 1.5 cup of minute rice. Cook sausage and add all ingredients in large baking bowl. Leave uncovered. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Makes a large amount. Anyhow, I would like to try to make some fresh salsa this week because I have a million tomatoes. So, if any of you have a good recipe, let me know.

No comments: