Thursday, March 6, 2008

Proud of Myself!!

One of my goals for the New Year was to try to exercise. And not try to exercise more, because that would require me running for about a minute and then I would have accomplished my goal. I have been meaning to start exercising for some time, but just haven't had the mental drive to get off my butt!! I think the whole college basketball experience really burned me out and so it is time once again to step up and get back into feeling good and pushing myself a little bit. So, I started off in January running on my dreaded treadmill twice a week while Cooper was at school. To be honest, I have felt a little guilty because I spent all this money on a really nice treadmill and I haven't used it that much, so that has helped encourage me. Well, the last couple of weeks, I have been able to start running on the road, which is so much better. This week, I have ran three days in row, so I think I have broken a record for myself. I have to admit that it is getting easier and I kind of enjoy it because I can tell that I am getting "sort of" in shape.

I also get to play volleyball on a recretional team on Monday nights and this has been so much fun. Our team is undefeated and we are playing on the "A" division. Anyway, it is nice to be able to do something that I enjoy for myself ever once in a while and I really look forward to playing every week. Plus, again it is helping me to get some more exercise that I badly need.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Way to go Jen!! Tell Jacks congrats on the baby!