Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memories Made Over Memorial Weekend


FRIDAY- Bryce has had an in-grown toe nail that has been bothering him for about a year. On Friday, he decided to go and get it cut out. After 5 shots, and a knife to the inner toe, Bryce was a little sore, but doing well. Hopefully, it will never come back!

fter Bryce's doctors appointment, we went to watch Indiana Jones with Steph and Paul. I thought the movie was pretty good until the last 20 minutes. I won't give it away, but I just didnt' care for the ending. The rest of it, however, was very action packed. It is definately worth seeing. After the movie, we went to a new restaurant in Logan called Black Stone. We had the most delicious calamari, crab and shrimp salad, shrimp scampi, and raspberry cheesecake. Bryce and I enjoyed the food and it was fun to be able to go out and spend time with Steph and Paul.

Following dinner, Alpine (Bryce's work) had a ice skating party in Logan. Cooper was very excited to try it out. We went around the skating rink once and that was enough for him. It did take a long time to go around that one time and my back was so tired when I got finished helping him.

We went back to Bryce's parents house to stay. I want to thank Marilyn and Roger for always letting us come and stay at their house. We feel very welcome there and Cooper loves seeing his grandma and papa. Anyway, we watched "Rescued", the new church DVD. It was pretty good.

SATURDAY- Saturday morning, Cooper and I went to watch Ty play soccer in the Kohl's soccer tournament. He did a great job and it was alot of fun to watch him play. He is so competitive and athletic. I am glad he has soccer to funnel all of his energy in to. His team made it all the way to the championship game and then lost by one.

Later that night, we had Jake and Shana over for grilling and a movie. We grilled Brats and they were very good. The weather is still nice, so we ate dinner out on the back patio. Grandma pushed Cooper in the neighbors new swing and Cooper had fun playing on all of their playground equipment. We had a great time visiting with Jake and Shana. We ended up watching "P.S. I love you" It was pretty good at times. Worth renting.



SUNDAY- We had the task of watching Steph's kids while Paul and Steph gave talks in sacrament meeting. They spoke on the Restoration and they both did a great job. Bryce and I tried to watch the kids! After church, Cooper got to play with Jaden and Addey for a little while. He loves getting to play with them.



Later that afternoon, we ate dinner back at the Douglas' to celebrate Roger's birthday. Brandon and Jaydale came over with the kids. After dinner, we played crochet out in the yard. And I bet you cant' guess who won both games. That's right, it was me!. Anyway, it was alot of fun and brought back memories from when I was younger and we used to play it.

Later, we watched "Juno". I thought it had some questionable language and comments, but I think that the movie will help some pregnant teenagers decide to place their babies, which in turn, will help our cause.

MONDAY- It rained and rained on Monday. We went to a barbecue out in Hyrum with Brad and Carrie. We had a great time. Brad's family is great and we appreciate them letting us come spend Memorial Day with them. It was fun to spend time with Olivia. She is getting so big and she is at a fun age. Thank you Brad and Carrie for thinking of us.

We got to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Cooper on Monday afternoon. It is always good to be able to stop there and see them. I love my grandparents. Cooper got Grandpa a shirt for Father's Day, since we will be in Texas then. I am glad that we named our boy Cooper after his grandparents. Hopefully, he will make them all proud throughout his life.

Monday evening, we went to another barbecue with Ruth, Vic, Jacqui, and Jared. We had hamburgers, homemade salsa (the best), dutch oven veggies, and orange salad. We watch the "Great Debators" after dinner. I thought that was a pretty good show. Hard to hear with a bunch of rug rats running around but definately worth seeing. Thank you Vic and Ruth for inviting us over for dinner and a movie. We had a great time.

Now we are back home and back to work. Actually, it is time to start packing for Texas! Yippee!

5 comments:

jenhatch said...

fun and busy weekend! I'm completely tired from just reading all about it. I don't know how you have all the energy you do!!

See you soon!

Carrie said...

Jenn, we're so glad you came to play with us. We had a great time. Olivia is still asking for "Rice and Nen and Coocker". She had a great time too. Thanks for coming with us! Sure love you guys.

Shayne said...

Jenn,

Sounds like a fun weekend. It is probably fun to win a games like crochet..........you never had much of a chance growing up with me around........ha ha. Can't wait to beat you in a 3 point contest sometime while you're down.

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Wow! A fun and busy Memorial Weekend! I am sure all that food was delicious! Don't you just love food... mmmm food is sooo good! Have fun in Texas!

Anonymous said...

Jen,

OKay so you may be wondering who this is, but I must say that it is your favorite Provo Girl... Natalie Overson. Marenna gave me your blog and I was so excited to read about your family and how you are doing. I love to hear about you as a mom. I will check back more now that I have your blog.
God Bless,
Natalie www.ungafamily.blogspot.com