Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend in Reveiew

Bryce had to attend some training on "mold" on Friday and Saturday in Smithfield, so we spent the weekend up there. On Friday, we stopped and saw grandma and grandpa and of course, made our trip down to the barn to chase the chickens and walk through the cow manure. By the way, for any of you who don't know, I love the smell of my grandpas farm. It reminds me of when I was little and we use to visit Utah during the summer!
After grandma's, we stopped by the Pumpkin Walk. Its a tradition is Cache Valley where people make "scenes" out of pumpkins. Cooper and Jaxson loved the Batman and Kung Fu Panda scenes. I couldn't believe some of the neat things they could create with pumkins. This is one of his favorite books. "Where the Wild Things Live" We also went to Mike and Tami's to play in the leaves. I used to play in the leaves when I was a kid, so I raked a bunch of leaves and covered the kids up. They thought it was alot of fun. Again, brought back lots of memories.
On Saturday night, we went with Jocie and Steph out to the Heritage Farm. They had alot of Halloween activities for the little kids. Cooper got to go on a train ride with his cousins.


They also played in a hay maze and Cooper enjoyed jumping of the bales into alot of hay. We also walked through the corn maze and we all sipped on hot chocolate next to the fire. The kids did not like the "headless horseman" or the scary "monster" that chased them. But, we had a great time.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of Cooper's head in the pig's body. He's so cute.

Amy said...

Serious fun you're having! Love the picture of Cooper in his Sunday clothes... it doesn't get any better than that!!!