Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

This year, I had a wonderful Mothers Day! I woke up and Cooper made a card for me and gave me the Lady Antebellum CD. Then Bryce gave me a card, along with a Zac Brown CD and a beautiful picture of Joseph Smith kneeling in the sacred grove. Bryce also made me "german pancakes" for breakfast. YUM!

We also had a great sacrament program at church. Some of our young women sang the most beautiful song about mothers. It had me in tears. It also made me think about the miracle of life. I am amazed at the way a baby is conceived, as well as the way a baby grows and develops. It is such a miracle and it just goes to prove that Heavenly Fathers hand has created everything. What a joy it is to be a mother!
We got to Young Womens class and we had a lesson on journaling. There were two things that I came away with that day from the lesson. First, I need to get a history of my grandparents and my parents. What an invaluable thing to have! We also received a peice of paper that challenged us to keep a journal and to make an entry into it everyday that answers this question:

Thinking back on your day, what things happened because of the Hand of Heavenly Father?
I am really going to try and do this because it will help me realize and be more grateful for all of my blessings.
After church, we went up to Smithfield to have a Mother's Day party at Steph and Paul's. We had Cafe Rio salads and burritos. It was a "Cooper" party and we had a great time eating dinner, visiting, playing volleyball, and taking cute picts of the kids. But, my favorite part was the fact that mom was in town and I got to spend the day with her and grandma. It's been years since I have actually seen mom on Mothers Day, so that was special.


I am so thankful for my mom. She is an amazing lady and a great example to those around her. She has such a caring heart and she goes above and beyond in everything she does. She is a great leader, friend, and mother. We are so blessed to have her for our mother. Mom, thanks for being the best. I love you!

4 comments:

jenhatch said...

What a fun day for you to have your Mom there Jenn! She is the best and has got to be the most caring, compassionate and selfless person that I know. What a cute picture of all ya'll!! Makes me miss ya'll even more!

Jocelynn said...

Great post! That was so fun to have mom up and have you and Cooper be able to stay with us a few days!

Carrie said...

President Eyring made a challenge like that also... Write something down each day that you know the Lord helped you to accomplish, or a way that you saw His hand in your life. It's pretty humbling. This is a great post. Your mom looks great.

Anonymous said...

Even I need to get a history of my grandparents and my parents...

___________________
Andrew
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions