Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The New Year

As the first couple of weeks of 2010 have come and gone away, I have realized that already the new year has brought me some new things in my life:
1. A Flabby Stomach- now I can thank my beautiful son, Clayton, for my stomach (and maybe my parents for giving me the "short" gene, which caused my belly to grow straight out since there was so place else for it to go). I have come to understand that it will never go away because there is so much skin....oh, well...what can you do...and it was worth it....definately worth it!
2. This year I have had a better appreciation for the fact that Cooper was a really good baby and that we were probably spoiled with him. He ate when he was supposed to eat. He slept when he was supposed to sleep. He never spit up. Now, Clayton, on the other hand, has no set schedule and he is alot different than Cooper was as a baby. Bryce and I say there is no ryhme or reason with Clayton. I still think he is a good baby compared to some and I wouldn't have him any different. We are so blessed to have these two miracles in our life. 3. The New year has brought me some gray hair....10 to be exact that myself, Bryce and Jocelynn have pulled from my head. I feel like I am a little too young for gray hair, so I am going to continue to believe that the gray is from all the drugs I had to take last year!
4. A desire to set some personal goals...like working out 3 times a week (which I have been doing), eating healthier (also doing good so far), reading the scriptures and ensign articles, helping Cooper with his speech and letters, and being better about remembering birthdays.

5. Loss of Hair...and I mean alot of hair. It is falling out like crazy. I find mounds of it in my brush, pull out tons of it when I shower, and poor Clayton has it grasped between his fingers all the time. I have been given two theories as to why this is happening: a) Jocelynn says it is because I got an epidural b) my friend says it because I have stopped taking prenatals (which I have starting taking again this past week). I don't know, but is drives me nuts when I feel it on my arms or down between my boobs. Did I just say that? You know you women have all had that happen a time or two!

6. A love for P90X..I just started it last week and I really like it. Some of the workouts are extremely hard and I have been so sore I could hardly walk or sit, but hopefully they will be worth it. I even talked Bryce and Tyler into doing it one night!
7. A loss of time...I am not talking about my actual time because I actually have more of it since I got layed off my job and released from my young womens calling in our church. What I am talking about is the fact that I have been confused the last few weeks as to what the real time is. My watches, cell phone, clocks, etc are all off one another. For those of you who don't know this about me, I am very anal about the time being correct and exact and all my watches and clocks need to match. So, if anyone has a good idea on where to find the exact time, please let me know. This is the first time this has ever happened and it really bothers me. I like to be "on time" to events, but I can't if my clocks are wrong!
8. Blurp. I finally learned how to use blurp two nights ago. Blurp is a program used to make photo books from your blog. I stayed up entirely too late the other night and finished my 2008 book and now I am almost finished with my 2009 book. It's easy and its fun and I can't wait to see the end result when the book actually gets here. It gives me incentive to blog more and do better thought provoking posts so that I will have a record. This is just like a journal, except its better because it has pictures. Scrapbooking on the other hand is nice, but is mostly pictures with not alot of writing.

I am thankful for this New Year and I hope and pray that everyone will have a blessed year and be healthy and strong. I am thankful for the cute family that I have to enjoy every day and I hope to take advantage of the time I have with them each and every day. May God bless us all and watch over us this 2010!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

Once or twice??? I get hair between my boobs every day!! I would tell ya not to worry about losing your hair. I've lost tons after every pregnancy - about the same time after delivery as you are now. I think it's very normal!

Shannon said...

Don't you just love p90x? It does some major good...like, I can do push-ups now and I am totally on my way to doing a pull-up. Of course, we have been doing it since October, and I still can't do a pull-up, but no matter. The fact is that I am almost there :)
I loved this post. It was great! So many good things happened for you guys in 2009. May 2010 be even better!

Carrie said...

This is a GREAT post Jenn! I love it. I agree with Rachelle... It's TOTALLY normal to lose all that hair after pregnancy. It's the hormone change taking place in your body. I JUST quit losing so much last month... so, it may take a while.

I want to do P90X. I've heard it kicks some major trash... and I need my trash kicked... HARD.

I'm glad 2009 was so great for you... You deserve it.

Want to teach me how to use blurb?

Sara said...

I have been slackin lately and not working on my book in blurb even though I am so close to finishing it. Then I will need to start my 2009 book. Oh well all in due time. And my dr. told me that the reason for the hair loss is because of your hormones changing. I clogged the drain regularly after the twins! And as for P90X.. Glad it is there for all of you to do...but I am just to lazy!