Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cooper will be five in April and he is growing up way too fast. He is such a good little boy and Bryce and I feel blessed to have our boys. Cooper is a good helper to me and is very responsible for his things. He loves to help me cook. His favorite thing is cracking eggs and he is very good at it. Most nights, we read the scriptures with Cooper and if we forget, he reminds us. He always asks the most thoughtful questions and we are always excited to hear what he will say in his prayers at night. He told me the other night that, "I just want to learn more about Jesus." He also asked me when Jesus was going to come again. The other night his prayer went like this...."Dear Heavenly Father, thank you that you could protect my family. Thank you that my family has healthy bodies. Thank you that the Spirit could be with us. Please bless that the bad guys could feel the Spirtit. Thank you for all you do. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." So cute. Had me in tears. He amazes me everyday and I am so blessed and grateful to be his mother.
Cooper loves for Bryce to make him a hideout with the blankets. It reminds me of when I was a kid...we made huge hideouts out of all the blankets and pillows in our house. It was so much fun. Cooper likes to watch movies on his little DVD player while he sits in his hideout.
Cooper got a DS for Christmas and he can't get enough of it. I have got to set some time limits on it. He likes to sit in Clayton's bumbo seat and play it while it is charging. His favorite games are Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Cooper is loving school and excelling in his letters and sounds. It is great that he is recognizing most letters and numbers now. And he can now write his first and last name all by himself. He seems to be catching on quickly and his teacher says he does a good job.

Another one of Cooper's past times is photography. He loves to take pictures with the camera I gave him and he does a great job. I love to see what he decides to take pictures of...random things most of the time. Here are a few of his shots:



5 comments:

Carrie said...

Cooper IS a great kid!!! I love hearing about how well he is doing. Love that prayer!!

Shayne said...

What an awesome dude. I feel lucky I got to see a glimpse of that over Thanksgiving. Y'all are doing a tremendous job with him. Not a bad photographer either.

Brandon Douglas said...

I am thankful he is part of the family. Bryce and Jenn, you are great examples to us all.

Sara said...

What a great kid!

Sherrie said...

What a cute kid! I wish we could see him more! I love the innocence and sincerity of children.