Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Its The Small Things In Life...

Last night, Clayton was in one of those moods where he just wanted his mom to hold him. I wrapped him up in his blanket, put a binki in his mouth and just cuddled him close to me. He was wide awake and he just layed there and looked at my face and into my eyes. I sat there and wondered what he was thinking as his eyes searched over my face over and over again. He was so content and peaceful as he sat in my arms. It was just one of those moments you never want to forget. Later that night, Bryce said, "I know exactly what he was thinking." "Man, I love my mom!" And that made my day!



Also, last night, Cooper came into our room around 11:15. He was having a hard time sleeping, so I went in and layed with him while he proceeded to snuggle with me, climb on me, and tell me about all of his classmates at school. It was just a nice moment to be able to just sit and visit with him.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

How can your boys not just TOTALLY and COMPLETELY LOVE you?! You're the best mom!

Glad you got to enjoy those small moments with each of them.

Sara said...

You really have to treasure those moments cause they grow up so FAST!

jenhatch said...

love, love, love those moments! And you've got the right idea about blogging them - so you won't forget them! I had a similiar experience with Nolan the other night... just SO awesome to be a Mom.