Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week with the Merrills

Last week I watched my neices and nephew while my sister, Steph, and her husband, Paul went on vacation. So, I became the mother of 8 for 9 days. The kids were good and we had a great time. It's a little tiring looking after that many people, but it was nice to be able to spend some time with each of them.
Jaden and Addey loved having Cooper and Clayton stay at their house. Jaden is not one for taking pictures but he wanted to get in some pictures with Clayton. I thought they turned out cute. Addey and Jaden loved to rub Clayton head and they thought he was so chubby. The kids had a great time playing in the snow and throwing snowballs at Shaylee and her friends while they sat in the hot tub. I think their most favorites activity was playing in the hot tub. They did not miss one day getting in the hot tub. It was nice because it was so cold outside.
The day before Steph got home, we took the kids to the fun center so they wouln't mess up the house we had just cleaned. They had a great time chasing each other around on the "soft play" and they loved their pizza.
I loved the time I was able to spend with my older neices as it gives me an opportunity to get to know them better and hopefully have some sort impact in their life. Chelsey, thank you for helping me clean up the house and drive carpool for me. You are always willing to help. Continue to work hard in school. You are doing a good job and you will make a great nurse.
Kylee, I was impressed that you were so dedicated to your musical that you were up every morning at 5 am to go practice. Your are crazy and fun! Continue to make good choices and that will help you through life.

Brittney, thanks for giving me the chance to wake you up every morning at 6, even though half the time you wouldn't get up! You are a hardworker in school and on the field and I admire that about you.

Shaylee, I really enjoyed spending time with you. Thanks for helping me with Clayton. You are a very responsible young lady and you are going to go far in life with your happy attitude. You are awesome.
Thanks for letting me spend those 9 days with ya'll

1 comment:

Sara said...

It is great spending time with family