Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Look Who's One

Yesterday, our 2nd little miracle turned one year old. It has gone by so quickly and its crazy to think that we have had him in our home and family for a whole year. Part of me still feels like it was yesterday when we were going through all the tests, shots, and ultrasounds to help bring him here!

Yesterday, we had a little celebration for Clayton. We had the Gabrish's over for burgers and hotdogs. We let Clayton open a few presents and then dive into his cake. I made the cake out of the rock candies. It was alot of fun. Clayton helped me lick off the decorating utensil after I frosted his cake.
I also took Clatyon on a walk yesterday morning because he loves walks. Bryce brought him home some french fries and he devoured those quickly!
Some of the things that Clayton does right now are:

a) crawls around like a mad man with his head down and shaking it back and forth
b) he loves to play in Cooper's room with all of his toys AS LONG as someone else is in the room with him....if we leave the room, he will crawl out to find us..he does not like being alone....he is at my side all day long....so much fun!
c) he absolutely loves real milk....complete opposite of Cooper...he just downs the bottles of milk and I love that we don't have to buy formula anymore...saves about $40 a month.
d) he loves to dance... I like to dance, so I always dance with Clayton when the music is on....he figured it out and if I am holding him, he will lean down and grab my thumb...as we start to dance, he will start to sing...very very endearing.

e) he just started making car, truck, and motorcycle sounds when he plays with his toys

f) he has mastered the stairs quite a while ago...he loves to go up and down
g) he loves his brother so much....when Cooper goes to school in the morning, Clayton will look around the house for him...he finds lots of joy in tackling Cooper when he is laying in his bed or on the floor

h) I know I've said it a million times, but he LOVES rocks!
In this picture, he was not happy because he ran out of the rocks to eat...as soon as I put some more in front of him, he was happy as could be!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Clayton!!! What a great post! He is getting so big. I love the dancing story. Too cute.

The cake looks great Jenn!!!

Rachelle said...

Cute cake, cute boy - Happy birthday Clayton!!!

Shayne said...

Good to see that my little buddy enjoyed the cake.....good job by the way. He is getting so big and is very handsome I must say.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Little Man! I can't Believe that you are 1!

Shannon said...

what a little cutie! And I love his cake; what a great idea!