Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School

Cooper just started kindergarten this past Wednesday. He goes in the morning from 8:25-11:10. His teachers name is Ms. Clark and she seems to be really nice. She is a little bit older, but Cooper likes her alot. The first day of school was typical for Cooper. I was really worried about him having a hard time getting up in the morning since he sleeps till 9 or 10 everyday.
But, I should have known better because in Cooper has always been ready for his "big events" in life...ie. getting off the bottle, potty training, sleeping in a big bed...the list could go on and on!
Anyway, Cooper got up 5 minutes before my alarm went off...came and layed in bed with me..and then got dressed for school. He was so excited for his first day and he looked so cute. It also brought back lots of memories for myself. I can look back at some of our "hatch" pictures and could tell you which ones are from the "first day of school."
I also have memories from kindergarten so this seems to be when the memories really start for some people. We went to his school, Freedom Elementary, parked the car and took him into his class. He hung up his backpack and went and found his name on his table. He was so excited and there were so many parents in the room that my emotions quickly came and left within a matter of seconds. We are happy for him and the way that he is learning and growing. It is crazy to think that we have a kid in school now, but it is a good step for all of us.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Cooper looks so grown up! I'm sure he'll have a great year in kinder!

Melissa said...

That is awesome! He is such a cutie!

Carrie said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks! I'm glad he's liking school!

Shayne said...

Ah Woooo Who. Proud of the Coopster. He looks so excited for his 1st day. I am glad he is enjoying it. Nice pic of you when you were that age. Brings back memories of SK in the hood.

Marilyn said...

Coop
So glad you are excited about school. You are going to do great.
Love, Grandma