Monday, December 9, 2013

Ogden City Lights

This year we decided to go to the Ogden City lights for Family Home Evening.  Bryce came home from work a little early and we beat the rush of people.  In fact, we only saw a few families.  It was pretty cold on this night, so we came prepared with cups and hot chocolate. 
The boys got to ride on this little train around the track a few times.  We actually didn't stay very long, because it was so cold and I was starting to have some pains in my stomach.  Clayton liked this little house of nutcrackers. 
We wanted to try making gingerbread houses this year.  I got the recipe for the sticky frosting, purchased graham crackers and a variety of candy, and then constructed the houses out of cardboard boxes.  Cooper finished his house in about 5 minutes.  He didn't really spend a lot of time on it. I was kind of frustrated with him because of all the prep work, but Clayton spent over an hour decorating his and making it just how he wanted.
I ended up adding a little extra frosting and candy to Cooper's house.  I actually thought it was fun to try out my creativity skills on this house.  I should have made my own gingerbread house....maybe next year! Cooper didn't like that I made him take this picture, but Clayton thought his house was so awesome.
Last year the boys slept under the Christmas tree and they wanted to do it again this year.  After they watched Home Alone and wrestled on the mattress, they finally crashed out.  I think this will definitely be a tradition we try to do each other. It creates a good bonding experience for the boys.
On Christmas Eve, we went out to Jacqui and Jared's home to celebrate.  We decorated sugar cookies for Santa, ate Pizza, and pumpkin bars and played some cards with Bekka and Seth.  We headed home around 8:30.  The boys came home to some new pajamas from our elf, Jingle Bell.  He has been delivering pajamas to homes for many years now! After the boys put out the reindeer food and milk and cookies for Santa, they headed to bed and fell asleep quickly!

No comments: