Sunday, January 27, 2008

The "PERFECT" Day

Yesterday was the most perfect day for many reasons. First, it was a Saturday, which meant that Bryce would be home and we would be able to "P"lay all day as a family. We started off the morning by "E"ating excellent doughnuts, which is Cooper's favorite food. There is place up the street called, "The Hole". Anyway, we got them to go and then headed down to South Jordan to go to "R"enee Whetten's baby shower. I wanted to bring Bryce and Cooper so that some of my friends could see the handsome men in my life. Dad took Cooper to Carl's Jr. play place while I stayed at the shower. It was so much fun to see Renee and the Weavers from Texas.

After the shower, we headed back home to get ready to take Cooper sledding. We bought him a new saucer sled and he had so much fun. The weather was warm, like around 40. So, we were able to go sledding and not have to wear our jackets or gloves. Cooper would go "F"lying down the hill on his sled and he would do it over and over again. Mom and Dad even tried it a time or two. When we got home from sledding, Cooper decided that he would "E"at the snow. In fact, with all the snow we have received, I have been letting him make slushies with snow and juice. He thinks it is awesome.


Next, we "C"reated a snowman and a snow cave. Cooper knows Frosty the Snowman and so we thought it would be fun for him to decorate the snowman. We got rocks for his buttons, sweet tarts for his eyes, and put a scarf on him. We are expecting more snow tonight and tomorrow, so Bryce piled all the snow up so that he can make a bigger cave when we get more snow. I guess the winter scout camps taught him something. Actually, maybe he is practicing, because this weekend they are doing a Klondike campout in the mountains and it will be freezing cold. I would never wish that on my worst enemy!

Anyway, we had such a fun time and we loved being "T"ogether as a family and spending the whole day doing fun activities. We finished off the night by getting to see Jocelynn and kids who were down for Tawni's basketball tourney. Thanks to Jocelynn for helping me finish my adoption scrapbook pages which I will be posting soon. We also ate dinner with Steph and Paul and TGIF and that was really good food. What a great day we had spending time with family!!

4 comments:

jenhatch said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me too! Well, minus the snow! :)

Amateur Steph said...

Cute entry Jenn! I love the "perfect" part.

Melissa said...

Your family is so cute! You are very creative on your blog...nice job!

MC said...

I love your blog. Great updates. I miss my two-man game partner. please say hi to your family for me and jax.