Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend Fun!!

On Saturday, we went and ate lunch with Jacqui, Steph, Brittney and Shaylee. We had a great time visiting the food was great. In fact, I stuffed myself with too much food. We ate at Applebee's, where they have the 3 course meals for $9.99. Brittney had a gymnastics meet in Ogden so that is why they came down. It's always nice to celebrate any occasion with food.

Saturday afternoon we were able to spend time playing Ticket to Ride with our friends Weston and Mandy, and Jacqui and Jared. Come to find out that their little Chloe, who isn't even two yet, knows all of her alphabets by sight. Amazing! Just lets me know that I have alot of work to do with Cooper. But then again, all of our kids learn differently and develop at different speeds.


If you haven't played Ticket to Ride, then you need to try it out. It is so much fun. It is a new game that can only be found at specialty stores. Alot of fun though. Basically, we spent our weekend playing that game over and over and the sad thing is that I have never won....just not good at the game, I guess!!


Saturday night, Bryce, Cooper and I went to Carl's Jr. for dinner and then came home and watch Comanche Moon. It was alot of fun to just relax and hang out as a family. We had a good time watching Cooper run back and forth through the living room. Whatever helps him sleep at night!! We started potty training Cooper about 3 weeks ago. The first day was a nightmare. We went through six pairs of clothes and I didn't know if I was ready for this. However, he is finally telling us when he needs to go and I am very proud of him. He is doing a good job and learning quickly.


Many of you know that Bryce and I have been trying to adopt another baby for over a year now. Of course, it has been a topic of discussion in our home quite a bit lately. We have many friends that are pregnant and so babies come up in conversation alot. I have also been talking to Cooper alot about it lately and asking him if would like a little brother or sister. The reply is always a little brother. I have been amazed at how excited he is when he sees babies lately. Well, last night I was in the bathroom and I overheard Bryce putting Cooper down for bed. Bryce asked Cooper to say a prayer. Cooper started his prayer, and about half way through, he said, something with these words: "mommy have a baby". I couldn't believe my ears. What a good little boy we have!! We are so blessed to have him in our family. If we could all be like little children and have faith like them!! I was very touched and I will never forget that prayer. We had not mentioned anything about a baby that whole day and then he prays that we will have a baby. Wow.... Is he good at knowing the desires of mom's heart, or what?

No comments: