Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town

We had a great Christmas this year! Cooper woke up at about 8:15 and came into our room. I took him down stairs and there was a blue box sitting in the middle of the room. There were alot of noises coming from the box. Cooper said, "I know what it is. It's a puppy."He kneeled down to open the lid and out popped a little puppy. She is seven weeks old and she is a boston terrier. She climbed on Cooper and he was so excited. He said, "Oooo, she is so cute. It's all I ever wanted."
We asked him what we should name her and he said, "E.T." ( he likes that show). And then we decided to call her "Yoda". She looks like a yoda. She really likes Cooper and he plays so softly with her. Its like having another baby in the house because she is so young and small.
Cooper received so many greats gifts for Christmas and I just want to thank everyone who helped make our Christmas wonderful. We received many gifts from our neighbors and our family.
This year, when Cooper was asked what he wanted for Christmas, his reply: "a coconut and a snowflake"...a coconut because it has juice in it and a snowflake (globe) because you can shake it and it makes snow. Well, he got both from Santa. When we opened the coconut, it was rotten and smelled like crap. Great present, uh?

After we opened presents, we had to go show Reese and Jaxson our puppy and Jacqui and Jared were nice enough to cook us a great Christmas morning breakfast...pancakes, bacon, and eggs!
Next, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Coopers house. It was nice to be able to visit with my family that was there. Grandma made some great food and we just sat around and talked for a long time. I love my family so much and I think they are awesome! Later that night, we went out to the Douglas' to watch Roger and Marilyn open their presents from the kids. A huge snow storm moved in that night, so Carrie and Brad could not go home. It was nice to be able to spend time with the Douglas'. Marilyn made lots of yummy food and we watched movies and played games!

5 comments:

I Love Good Grub said...

A puppy! How fun! Glad you had a great holiday.

Carrie said...

It really was a lot of fun. I love Cooper's facial expressions with the dog. Too cute!!!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

what a cute puppy! is it going to be an indoor or outdoor dog??? what a great christmas.......1 more year and it will be here again.

Sherrie said...

Cooper is such a cute kid! My kids are so jealous that he got a puppy! When I look at these pictures....I'm sad that we aren't closer to experience all these things together! I miss everyone!

Julie said...

I love that you got Cooper a puppy! And a rotten coconut! I'm laughing pretty hard about that one! Happy Holidays!!! Belated of course because that's the way I do things!