Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Moment of Truth

On January 25, Bryce, Cooper and I went down to the clinic at 8:30 am to have my blood drawn. This was our pregnancy test. I was so sick (nerves) on the way home. I didn’t say a word almost the whole time. At 12:30 that day, the nurse called and told us that we were pregnant. We were so excited, emotional, and thankful for this blessing and miracle that has happened.

Our due date is October 2. They said that my numbers were really high on my blood work. Anything over a 100 is pregnant and I was at a 400.

We are very excited, yet it still doesn't feel like I am really pregnant. Bryce and I feel very humble. This is a blessing that has taken 7 years to happen, and as you know, it hasn't been easy for us. While I am happy to be pregnant, I have also been on the other side of the spectrum and I know how if feels to have infertility and all that goes along with that trial. It is a difficult thing to go through and I want to make sure that I am sensitive and thoughtful about those who are struggling with infertility. Bryce and I know that for some reason, we are being blessed with this opportunity right now and we are so thankful to our Heavenly Father. We are so grateful for the things that we have learned along the way, and we know that we have much more to learn.

12 comments:

Carrie said...

You know how excited we are for you guys! I'm so grateful you're being blessed with this baby. It's been hard to watch you struggle with the infertility for so long, but you and Bryce both handled it better than anyone I can imagine. You've been true examples to me. We love you guys!

Julee said...

We are sooo excited for you guys! We love and miss you.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

i told you that when i heard the news i grew tears in my eyes. you guys deserve this much more than anyone i know. we are so excited to hear how everything goes with the pregnancy....so please keep posting pictures and stories. wish that we could see you guys more, it would have been fun to have been in the same ward as you...but NO someone had to move away!!!j/k loved reading the last few days.

Amy said...

Congrats! We are thrilled for you!

I Love Good Grub said...

Congrats you guys! I'm so happy for you! I have to admit, that Rachel spilled the beans to me and told me you were pregnant before you posted about it. I was so excited when she told me! You guys are great.

The Nelsons said...

We are so very happy for you guys. I cannot wait to meet the new member of the family. I am sure that the Lord has chosen a very specail spirit for you. You two are awesome parents and I am so glad that Cooper gets to be a big brother. We have only been trying a year and that is very frustrating. I cannot imagine trying for 7. We are so happy for you!!! Congrats!!!!

Shannon said...

It couldn't happen to better people, and I mean that. We are elated for you guys! What a blessing and a fun time! Do keep us posted, and talk soon.
love
shan

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

The whole Whetten family is so excited for you!!! We need to have the Whetten- Hatch reunion this summer! My whole family is in Utah except for me and I and up there atleast once a month. Hope you are felling ok and not throwing up too much!

RoBiN said...

Congradulations! We are soo happy for your family! We LOVE you!

Jocelynn said...

Jenn, It's about dang time you posted the news. The baby will be coming out soon! Just kidding! We are so excited for your family. I am personally excited for myself because I get to be an aunt again. I can't wait to find out what this little miracle is (girl or boy) and what they look like. I don';t think ya'll can get one that looks more like you guys than little Coopey! So many prayers have been answered. Faith truly does proceed the miracle. We can't wait. We love you all! YOu are an wonderful example to us! Love, Jocelynn

MC said...

YEAH!! Jen thanks for sharing such a personal situation with all of us. We are excited for you and will continue to send good thoughts and prayers for a safe and healthy pregnancy and delivery. :) congrats again!!

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

Jen that is so awesome! we are sooo happy for you! This is such great news! What a great blessing...