Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Uncle Lynn


On Sunday, July 19, my uncle Lynn, passed away in his home surrounded by his wife, children, and other family members. Lynn courageously battled colon cancer for the past two years of his life. I got to know my uncle better in the last year of his life then all the years before.
I also learned alot about him at his funeral. He was a great man who gave years of service to the community. He was in the National Guard, he was a member of the Beaver Ski Patrol for forty years, he worked on city council in Wellsville for over 20 years and he loved to spend time with his family.
My aunt April and Lynn were perfect for each other and April helped him really come out of his shell. It was so neat to see the love that they had for each other. I want to thank April for being so wonderful. She is such a great part of our family and we would not be the same without her. She is one of my most favorite people ever. I love you April.
Lynn will be missed by us all but hopefully, our memories of him will live on. I know that he is happy now and finally at peace. I know he is surrounded by love ones, including my son, Clayton. I know that he is learning and growing and waiting till he will be reunited with his parents, wife, and children once again. We love you and miss you Lynn.

4 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FAMILIES LOSS...ALWAYS SO HARD! SOUNDS LIKE HE WAS A WONDERFUL MAN! TAKE CARE JEN!

Rachelle said...

Oh, Jennifer - I'm so sorry! Much love to your whole family!!!

Carrie said...

What a great tribute Jenn. He sounds like a truly great man.

Kam said...

I am so sorry to hear about Lynn. I haven't seen him in a long time, but he was always kind to me. My heart goes out to April she is a wonderful woman.