Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tender Mercies

For the last few months, I have been wanting to write down how the Hand of the Lord has been involved in my life daily. I read an article the other day about gratitude and it reminded me again about all that I have in this life. The Lord blesses us with "tender mercies" many times a day and if we would take the time to think about it, we would realize how his Hand is such an intricate part of our lives.

The "tender mercy" that I am thankful for today is adoption. We have been so blessed to have our little angel, Cooper in our family. Our family would definately be missing something, if we didn't have this sweet little boy. I am so thankful that we have the wonderful blessing of adoption on this Earth and I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who inspired men and women to set up these adoption agencies, so that His plan would be fulfilled here on this Earth. My precious little Cooper said some of the most unforgettable things to me tonight about our family and about his adoption. He told me he was thankful his birth parents made the decision to place him with our family. It brought me to tears. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and I know that our family as well as our extended family has been blessed by this "tender mercy."

3 comments:

Sara said...

Couldn't imagine our lives without the little guy. We love you Cooper! And man, what a great name! :)

Carrie said...

We LOVE Cooper too! I'm so grateful he's in our family. He's such an amazing little guy with a heart of gold. You have taught him well.

I love what happens when I start looking for the Tender Mercies of the Lord in my life... I find one, then another and another until I realize just how overwhelmingly the Lord has blessed me. It's a humbling experience.

Rachelle said...

Sweet . . .