Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sickness

For the first time ever, all three of my men have been sick in one month. It all started one early April morning about 5 am when I woke up to Cooper screaming. I ran into his room and he was standing on his bed crying. He had thrown up all over his bed. I rushed him to the toilet and woke up Bryce to help me with the clean up. (I don't do well with throw up). Cooper was fine the next day and then it happened again the next night along with diarrhea. He kept coming into my room in the middle of the night (7 times to be exact), "mom I have to go to the bathroom". Then it turned into throw up again when I caught most of it in my hands. This only lasted for two days thank goodness. That was only the second time in his life that he has ever been sick with throw up. We are thankful for his healthy body.

Two Sundays ago, we all went to church, came home, ate lunch, and went on a walk. When we got back, Bryce was feeling really dizzy and his stomach was bothering him. Earlier in the day, he had been complaining about aching in his joints, but he had no reason to be sore. He went to bed at 7 and when I checked his head at 11, he had a temperature of 103. The fever broke in the night and he woke up with soaked clothes and he had big welts on his knees, wrists, and elbows. The following day, the hives moved all over his body. He went to the doctor and they tested him for strep and did some blood work. They found nothing and told him he looked healthy. He recieved a preisthood blessing that night and the next day the rash was gone but the fevers continued for the next 8 days. He would soak our sheets every night when his fever would break. He has also been having really bad headaches and an upset stomach, along with throw up yesterday morning. He received another blessing from our bishop where he was instructed to go to the doctor. Yesterday, they did blood work and a chest x-ray and they "think" he has onset to pneumonia. He started on an antibiotic yesterday and today (Day 12) he has an extremely bad headache and his body is really sore. Hopefully the medicine will kick in and he will be on the mend really soon. I think he is getting really frustrated and tired of being so sick.

And Clayton either has a small bug or is teething....I am not quite sure since the symptoms seem to be the same for both things. He is just so moody the last few days, running nose, messy diapers and the works.

We actually have been really blessed with good health over the years, so I guess it is our turn for a little sickness in our home.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

Sounds to me like Bryce had an allergic reaction to the virus he has. Our Anna does that on occasion - no fun. Hope everyone gets feeling better and that you manage to stay healthy!

Jordan said...

Poor Bryce! Whatever he has sounds horrible! Let us know if we can do anything-- Maybe we'll bring over a bouquet of dandelions from our yard.

Thanks for the visit today!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

soo sorry for the ugh! you are lucky that you guys stay healthy. my oldest is the worst..sick ALL of the time. it is the pits!!! the doctors say that he will be extra healthy when he is in school...i hold them to that! my youngest is a little better....but not too much, due to my oldest giving his illness' to the younger one. soooooooo frustrating. tate just had the FLU (diarrhea and throw ups for 6 full days) talk about GROSS..thank goodness that aaron was working for alpine at the time. we practically had to clean the whole house again. so yucky! anyways..that is my blabberings.

Amy said...

Pneumonia?!?! I never would have diagnosed that with the symptoms he told me about! Wow, I hope he (and everyone else in the fam) feels better soon! We miss you guys!

Sara said...

I hope that Everyone starts to feel better quickly! We would come over and help but I don't want to be sick during pregnancy since I can't take anything! If you need us to drop something off let us know!