Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cooper's Craziness

It was Cooper's last day of preschool yesterday and so we went to kohls to find Teacher Misty a gift. We walked by some jewelry and Cooper said, " I want to get her a necklace." So, he preceded to pick her out a pretty gold necklace with a heart for the pendant. He said, "Do you know why I picked a heart?...because I want my teacher to know that I will always love her."
I love hearing Cooper's prayers each night. He is very thoughtful when he prays. A few nights ago, he says, "Please bless that the bad guys will get broken legs and not hurt the good guys." and then the next night, "please bless that the bad guys will want to be good."
In the car the other day he was trying to make Clayton happy so he would stop crying. Cooper will either talk to him or sing him a song. He told Clayton, "Now I love you".....as if he did not really love him before. He is starting to interact with Clayton alot more and it makes me and Clatyon happy. In the car last week, I had to stop on my brakes because the cars in front of us slammed on their brakes. I said, "I need to pay attention better." To which Cooper responded, " Mom, Jesus still loves you."Cooper is really enjoying his time while playing soccer. In fact, 2 weeks ago, he scored his first goal. He was at the right place at the right time. He was so excited. He ran up to his teammate and they gave each other a high five. He has his last game on Saturday. I am glad that he has a good time and looks forward to his games.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

That is an awesome shot of Cooper in action!! He's such a good kid - you guys are doing a great job with the boys, Jen!

Sara said...

He is getting so big! I just can hardly believe it.

Marilyn said...

Cooper has the most tender heart!! I don't know of another little boy that expresses himself the way Cooper does. He's so thoughtful in the things he says. He truly is a "gift" from our Heavenly Father. What a great big brother he is.