Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I love celebrating Mother's Day every year. And it's not about the gifts, but I love the opportunity it gives me to reflect on many things. Being a mother isn't always easy, especially at 2 am when you have a screaming baby. But, when your little boy comes up to you and says, "Mom, I need to tell you something. I just wanted to tell you that I love you" or while I am sitting at church, he sits on my laps, grabs my arms and says, "mom, please warm me up", or when my baby catches my eye when I walk by and starts smiling and getting excited, these moments are definately worth all the other not-so-fun times.
It also gives me a chance to realize how blessed I am to have all the wonderful women in my life. My mother is the best mom ever. I am so thankful that we chose each other in heaven. I would not be the person I am today with out my mom. And I am thankful that my mom had a good mother..my awesome grandma Cooper. She is an amazing women and I am so glad that I live close enough to her that I can visit her often. I am grateful for my Grandma Hatch and for the loving and kind women that she is. She has such a gentle heart.
I am also thankful for my other mother, Marilyn, and all the kindness that she shows towards me and my family. She has been so loving and caring to me and I enjoy spending time with her. I am so blessed to have such wonderful sisters, sister in laws, and friends. Each one of you have Christ-like attributes that I admire. Thanks goes out to each of you for being such great examples to my children as well as your own.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Thanks Jenn for sharing pictures and for your kind thoughts. We love having you visit and hope we can continue to have you often. You are a daughter we'll always treasure. Thanks for loving Bryce and taking such good care of him and the 2 little men, Cooper and Clayton. Love you all.

Tawni Lynn Smith said...

Haha, Claytons slobber took the tarnish off my necklace and onto my shirt and it wont come out. I look like a dork in the picture. I love your posts. They are awesome. I also love my little Coopy and Clayton!