Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clever Clayton

Clayton is almost 18 months and he is so full of spunk! He is one of those babies that thinks he needs to be right by my side at all times during the day. If I am cooking, he wants to be sitting on the counter next to me. If I am eating cereal in the morning, he sits right on my lap and we share frosted wheats. If I go downstairs, he wants to hang on to my arm while I walk down to the basement. If I get in the shower, he sits in my bathroom and goes through all of my things. If I am putting on my makeup, he stands on the toilet and pulls down all of my perfume and Bryce's cologne and puts them on the vanity. I know this is sad, but sometimes I will even sit him on my lap while I am peeing because he gets really upset when I put him on the floor (this doesn't happen very often, but every now and then)!
I like to put him in the bath, because it is one thing that he loves and it keeps him occupied for a few minutes so I can get ready. And he enjoys getting in the tub with Cooper before bed. Sometimes he get fiesty with Cooper if he thinks he is in his way.
He has started to enjoy books a little more. When he was younger, I would read to him and he loved it. But then he went through a stage where he couldn't sit long enough to look at a book. Now, he brings me books or sits down and looks at them.
Clayton loves to obey small commands and its kind of fun for me to watch. After I change his diaper, he wants to throw his diaper away. When we are about to go somewhere, I tell him to go find his shoes and he walks straight to his room and then brings his shoes to me. He is really into feeding himself right now. It is such a disaster when he gets done, but it gives him something to do and he loves it!In the last 3 months, he has gotten lots of teeth. He now has 10 teeth and I think he only had 3 at Christmas time. He has had a runny nose and cough off and on since first of the year, but he seems to be doing well right now. Today, he bit Cooper for the first time and then he bit Landon a few hours later. He thinks its funny, so I will have to put an end to that!
Clayton loves to be a pest. He will do things that he knows annoys Cooper just to get a rise out of Cooper and then he smiles or laughs. I am trying to teach Cooper to ignore him sometimes because Clayton will stop doing it if he knows it doesn't bother Cooper. He also loves to bug Yoda, but she just takes it. He likes to sit and lay on her. If he knows that something bothers you, he will do it! And he thinks it is so funny.
One day, we were babysitting for Steph and Clayton dissappeared for a few minutes. I kept calling his name but I couldn't hear him. Next thing I know, Yoda comes running up and she has white stuff all over her back. I run to the kitchen and Clayton has dumped out some pancake mix on the floor and is picking it up and throwing it at the dogs! And all the while he has a big smile on his face!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

What a cutie!

Shayne said...

Glad to see that we have kids with similar personalities. Coco and Clayton will have fun together this summer. Sorry I haven't commented for awhile. I can't get onto blogs from my work computer. Love you!

Jordan said...

How funny, Clayton is a sneaky little fella. So cute.