Monday, February 28, 2011

Cooper's Craziness

Cooper is going to be six before we know it and he is getting too big and smart. Cooper is enjoying kindergarten. He is continuing to do a great job on his reading skills. He loves to read the words that are on signs, in commercials and on boxes and toys. He is struggling a little with his numbers, but I know he will pick that up as soon as it clicks in his brain.Cooper has such a sweet spirit about him and he never stops amazing me with some of the things he says. He is so loving, kind and tender hearted....and he still gets frightened by loud noises. When we went on our cruise, we turned off the water to the house. We all know the sound the faucet makes when water is trying to come threw the pipes again. Well, Cooper was up brushing his teeth, when all of a sudden he comes into us and he couldn't breathe because he was crying so hard. We finally deciphered the words coming out of his mouth and realized the water shooting through the pipes was loud and scared him!

I think one of my favorite things about Cooper, is the prayers that he gives. Children say the best prayers because they come straight from the heart. On Sunday, Cooper had to give the scripture and prayer in Primary. I had talked to him about how we pray for groups of people versus ourselves. Well, he gets up and says: "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you we could come to Primary today. And thank you everyone could come to their classes today. And thank you for the teachers. And thank you for all that God had done for us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. It was so cute and at that moment, I couldn't have been more proud of my boy. I just stood their thinking, "That's my son."
Cooper has really enjoyed the playstation a little too much this winter and it has been my goal to limit his time on it. Bryce and I have to laugh because he is really cooridinated when it comes to playing games on the PS. In fact, he tells people that he is a video game boy. I told him one day that he shouldn't tell people that because that is not something to be proud of. I always tell him his brain is going to turn to mush if he plays too much. So, on occasion he will say, "mom, is my brain smooshed?"
Cooper is such a nice older brother, even though Clayton loves to pester him. In fact, we are kind of worried because Clayton looks and acts alot like my brother Shayne did when he was young. That could mean trouble for all of us! Anyway, Cooper is starting to play chase with Clayton and show him more attention.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

What a cute post. I really like cooper, he really is such a sweet spirit. Wanna trade him for Kenlee?