Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Healthy Once Again

About 5 weeks ago, I talked to my friend Mandy about starting to eat healthy again. It's been a few years since I have worked with Mandy (she is a dietician), but I had good results last time I did. Anyway, I know myself well enough to realize that I am weak and I needed someone to "answer to." Mandy sent me some information on my calorie intake and other dietary information. Well, I will wrap up week 5 tomorrow and I have lost 10 pounds so far. I feel so much better and it always feels great to notice your clothes are getting looser.

I also decided to join the gym 3 weeks ago and that has been alot of fun so far. I have enjoyed some of the classes like: kickboxing, pump fx, and spinning. I tried to do a step class but felt dumb through most of the class.....not because of the instructor....because I found myself turning in circles and being way off the beat. Not sure the step class is for me.

You know you workout at Lady Fitness when:

1. you pull up to park and notice half the vehicles are mini-vans.

2. you walk in the front doors of the gym and there is a huge room for babysitting services

3. you walk outside after working out and see a poopy diaper rolled up and sitting in the flowers (no trash cans outside the facility)

4. some of the ladies and instructors feel like they need to strut their stuff and show off their "custom made" ta ta's

Overall, it has been so nice to feel healthy once again. It's a good path to be on. I didn't think I would last this long, but it seems so easy now and I really enjoy it. I was so pumped that I went out and bought myself some new workout clothes. Now I just need to stick to it and continue to be motivated!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Way to go, Jenn!!! That is awesome. Could you send some of that self control on over to my place? I am in need of some...

p.s. our rec. letter made it through, and we have an appointment next week. Woohoo! It begins.