Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Remembering 9/11

On the night of 9/11, we lost one of our dear friends to a battle with pancreatic cancer. Brother Cliff Whetten passed away peacefully with his wife and children surrounding his bed. When I lived in College Station, our family and the Whettens were best of friends. We spent many holidays with the Whettens. They are like family to us. The Whettens moved to Utah a couple of years ago. They have faithfully served two missions and are loved and admired by many people.

Clifford and Rosalyn had been serving as the LDS Lima, Peru MTC president since January 2010. They returned to Utah unexpectedl​y on August 6th to receive med​ical attention f​or unusual sto​mach pains. A few days later, Cliff was diagnosed with a malignant​ tumor in his pancreas and bile duct. After 5 weeks of fighting to be here with his family, Heavenly Father took Brother Whetten back home. From the time he got sick in Peru, to the time he passed away, it was about 7 weeks. He will be truly missed by so many. I am thankful that I knew Brother Whetten. He was a great example to us all. He left a wonderful legacy of service and devotion to the Lord and His work. I know that his wife and kids will carry on his legacy and make him proud as he watches and encourages from the "other side."

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I've been so sad for the Whettens. Such incredible people!

Glad you've found a good healthy rhythm. I feel like I've been slow to get back to feeling "fit" again after having Brynna. The scale says I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I just feel squishy all over!