Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Concealed Weapons Permit

Bryce bought me a 9mm Taurus hand gun for my last birthday.  I was in Texas for my birthday and so he didn't give it to me until I got home from vacation.  I have been waiting to shoot the gun but the Impact Gun store has been slammed every weekend and it has just been too cold to shoot outside.
Well, Paul really wanted me to take the concealed weapons class with Steph, so he signed us up to go in March.  I ended up going with Jacqui, Steph, Jocie, and Kyle.  The class cost was $135 a person, which was pretty steep.  I enjoyed the class.  I learned that less than 50 kids get killed each year by accidental gun shootings.  I also learned that you can use your gun if you are under imminent and immediate danger.  I learned that you shoot to stop, not shoot to kill.  I learned that CWP holders can carry a loaded gun anywhere except churches, corrections facilities, federal buildings, and the airport.
The class ended up taking 4 hours.  Dex Taylor was our instructor.  He told a lot of interesting stories and he seems to be literally addicted to guns, but he knows a lot of information about gun safety.  Bryce and I went to the range to shoot my 9 and Paul's 22 when the class ended.  I didn't really enjoy shooting my gun because of the recoil.  It kind of stung my hands.  I did most of my shooting with Paul's handgun, which I quite enjoyed! Now, I cant' decide if I want to sell mine and get a 22 or just keep mine since it is a slim for concealed carrying. I will have to shoot it a few more times before I make my decision!

No comments: