Sunday, June 15, 2008

Memories

While I was in Texas, I had so many memories come back to me. It is crazy how things change after you move away.


My high school, A&M Consolidated, definately has changed because they basically remodeled the whole thing and last time I walked through the school, I couldn't find my way to the front offices.

We took the kids to Adamson Lagoon to swim. When I was young, it was called Bee Creek and it was just a big swimming pool. Now, it has slides and all the gadgets. Next to the swimming pool is a softball park where I spent many a night playing slow pitch when I was young and fast pitch when I was older and in high school. I also ran into the fence at the field going for a pop fly and knocked out 4 of my teeth.




I drove down my Old Street (Langford) twice while I was visiting. It was so weird to see different people living there and to see how big the trees had grown. When we were kids, we used to jump over some of those trees. I lived in this house for 19 years of my life!~

Also, last night Tyler needed me to mow lawns with him. I used to mow lawns when I was in high school but I was used to the heat and humidity. I about died last night. I was sweating so bad and my face was really red the rest of the night. It was good though, to spend time with Tyler and make a little extra money! The next night I went to mow with him again and my mom informed me that I needed to be careful and not over do it. She said, "Well, Jennifer, you are not 20 years old any more" Wow, I am getting old!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Jen, it's fun to see your memories of Texas. It's also nice to hear that you're human and not superwoman! Now that I know something can finally make you tired, it's reassuring, you know... Love ya!

jenhatch said...

WOW, thanks Nora Lee for the reminder. OUCH!!! How sweet of you to mow with Tyler though. And fun to bring back the good ole memories!!