Friday, June 20, 2008

My Family

I was just thinking about each of my family members and some of the fun times I had with each while I was down in Texas. I really cherish these moments with my family and I am thankful that we had the opportunity to go to Texas.


Steph and Paul- When they got back from their anniversary trip to Mexico, Sherrie, Paul, Steph and I had a very lengthy discussion about parenting. We talked about how these are hard times to raise our kids in. It's not whether they are going to see bad things or not, because they are, but we need to teach our children to turn their heads, to walk away from these situations that they will face. It was good to be able to visit with them since they have children ranging from ages 3 to 18. We all gave each other good advice and suggestions about our experiences with parenting.


Jocelynn and Kyle- It was fun to watch Cooper interact with Jocie while we were at Sherrie's house. He would lay with her for a few minutes every night and he really looked forward to it. I also enjoyed spending time with Kyle. Kyle loves to tease and he talks nonstop. I loved going to eat at Rudy's with Bryce, Kyle, and Steph. We bonded over great food!


Sherrie- I got to spend the most time with Sherrie and we had a great time together. I introducted Army Wives to Sherrie, so we spent two nights watching it. It is a tradition to always make queso at Sherrie and Brians house. Sherrie and I had a lot of good talks about infertility, parenting, and just life. We also spent time singing Suzy Boguss, which is another tradition we share. I want to thank Sherrie for letting me stay at her house and eat her food. I had a good time and Cooper also felt very comfortable and welcome there.

Shayne- I actually saw Shayne, Jen, and their kids for probably less than 24 hours and it went by way too fast. I enjoy seeing them and their kids. I got to go on a couple of water rides with Shayne and Steph and we talked about how Stephs girls are getting big. Shayne is also very good about calling me and I love to visit with him.


Sean- Again, the first week I was down in Texas, I saw Sean and Kellye for like 5 hours and that was at their luncheon and at the temple and reception. After they got back from their honeymoon, they spent a couple days at mom and dads with us. We went to Taco Cabana at midnight to eat chips and queso. (That is another tradition. In fact, we went there when they had been dating for only 2 weeks) It was really good to visit with them and to see the respect and love that they have for each other. I really enjoyed the time I had with them.


Tyler- I got to mow lawns with Tyler and it was fun to be able to spend that one on one time with him. He is such a good brother and he is a great guy. He is a wonderful example to all of his neices and nephews. It was fun to tease Tyler aobut his girlfriend, Amanda.

Dad- This trip I decided that I should start going on walks with my dad. He walks every night and in the past, he would always ask me if I wanted to go with him and I would say no because of the humidity and because I was lazy. I am glad that I decided go with him this time. We had a chance to talk to each other one on one. I love my dad alot. He is a neat man and I am thankful for him in my life.


Mom- I also got to spend alot of time with my mom. I knew that my mom would be awake when Cooper went downstairs every morning. I could always hear her say, Good morning Cooper. And that says it all...my mom is always there for all of us, no matter the circumstances. Her strength, love and kindness is such an example to us all. My mom never complains, yet she had 8 young grandkids in her house, trying to cook, clean, and do laundry for all of us. And in the meantime, she is trying to get things ready for Sean and Kellye's reception. Mom took me out for a kolache one morning and it was good to spend some time with her. Thanks mom and dad for housing all of us and making us feel so loved in your home. You are awesome parents and grandparents.


I also wanted to say how neat it was to be in the temple for Sean and Kellye's wedding and to have all of my siblings and their spouses there. We are very blessed and I am thankful for each one of you and for your example to Bryce, Cooper and I. Thanks for making our trip so special!

4 comments:

jenhatch said...

What a sweet post Jenn! And we love you, your family, and spending time with you too. And you're probably right - about 24 hours...that's WAY too short! Means we need to do it more often!

P.s. - Shayne is NOT going to like that picture of him on your blog. Just FYI!

Julie said...

You got to eat at Rudys while you were home?!? SO JEALOUS, my husband and I used to plan our weekends around going to Rudys, it was an hour and a half drive for us when we lived in Texas! Love your blog Jenn, check out ours...
www.tracysplace-jjka.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Jenn, I love the post. I have to agree that I think your family is pretty dang cool. I think they will ALL love reading the nice things you wrote about them. I'm glad you got to visit them all again..

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

I love reading all about your family!