Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Fun Day With Cooper

I have realized that it is so easy to get wrapped up in doing things around the house or in the yard, instead of spending time with our kids. Especially, when we have children that can entertain themselves. I find myself at the end of the day wondering where all my time went and why I didn't spend much quality time with Cooper...and then I start feeling really bad and guilty and I always promise myself that I will do better the next day. And I am sure it will just get harder with the more children that we have. Anyway, Cooper and I have had a fun time together this week, but on Friday we had really a good time. After I finished work, Cooper helped me pick strawberries off our vines in the backyard. As Cooper put it, "they were excellente!"
Next, we went to eat lunch at our weekly chinese restaurant with Bryce and my friend, Bekka. Cooper loves Chinese food and he made sure that he was sitting next to me. We shared our rice, noodles, and chicken with each other. After lunch, we went over to the park in Kaysville and went for a walk around the softball fields. Cooper played on the playground for a little while and then we went to Bryce's shop. Bekka shared a yummy cinammon roll with us from Great Harvest and then we played "hide-n-go-seek".


When we got home, we played with Play-dough and then Cooper came out in the back yard and I was able to swing him for a little while. We ended our fun day by going on a walk while he rode his bike. The weather has been so nice (meaning cool, but rainy). We have spent lots of time outside the last few weeks. Anyway, it was just nice to focus all my time on him and we had a great time! I love you Cooper and I hope you will always know how much you are loved by your mom and dad!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Jenn, you are an excellent mom. Seriously. I don't know how Cooper could think anything else. It's obvious to everyone how much you and Bryce love him and how devoted you are to him. Your kids are lucky to have you and Bryce as parents.

It sounds like a fabulous day. I need to get out more with my kiddos. Thanks for the push. :)

jenhatch said...

Cooper is such a cute little boy, he's getting so big!!

i get the same feelings... and yeah, it does get harder with the more you have. And then when you are spending quality time with them, they all want your attention all at the same time!