Sunday, June 14, 2009

Maternity Massage

On Thursday, I got a babysitter for Cooper and decided to go use my massage gift certificate. My friend bought me a massage for my birthday and then we found out 3 weeks later that I was pregnant. Anyway, so I decided I better use it before I got any bigger and before it expired. I called to schedule my appt and they told me that they do maternity massages. I was so excited because I love massages!

I got into my room and the lady told me that there was a hole in the bed where I was supposed to put my stomach. It was a padded hole that they try to adjust to fit different sized bellies. So, I got undressed for my massage, climbed on to the bed and attempted to place my belly in this hole. I kept readjusted many times, as I was very skeptical about this hole in the bed. The lady came in the room and started the massage. I dont know if I mentally made my self freak out or I there really was pressure on my stomach, but I all of a sudden felt like I was going to pass out. I sat up and asked the lady if I could have a drink of water. When she got back to the room, my forehead was completely wet with sweat. Needless to say, I ended up doing my massage while laying on my side. It was a nice, relaxing massage and the lady was very kind and understanding of my stupidity. I don't know if I will ever try a maternity massage again!

2 comments:

Jocelynn said...

Girl, you have a problem with passing out on either your front or back! Just be safe and always lay on your side. That is kind of funny! I'm glad your ultrasound went well! See you in a couple days, Love, me

jenhatch said...

WOW, you had me going and had me thinking that i wanted to get a massage with my next pregnancy - til that whole sweaty forehead part! Glad you were able to enjoy it though!